Chapter Two: Before the Bus

"CALM DOWN BEFORE I GIVE YOU ALL LUNCH DETENTION!!" Mr. Smith yelled at his class. Everyone stopped running around and throwing paper airplanes. "Now, let's wait for the bus like civilized people," he said. "Hey, Nico, I never knew you had a phone," Hazel said. "Leo made monster proof phones, didn't you get one?" Nico asked. "No, I didn't," Hazel said and glared at Leo, who was texting puns to random students who didn't have his contacts. "Do Nancy!" Percy urged. Nancy was dialing her "boyfriend's" phone number. Leo typed in Nancy's number and texted, Beware of alphabet grenades. If one of them goes off, it could spell disaster.

"Sent!" Leo sang and high-fived Percy. Hazel stormed up to Leo. "Leo! Why didn't you give me a monster proof phone! All I have is an emergency flip phone!" Hazel said and showed her flip phone. "I did, I left a package on your doorstep with two of them, one for Nico, one for you. I put a fingerprint scanner so it could only be accessible by you two, wait. Did Nico open the box?" Leo asked. "Um, yes," Hazel said. "Ugh! That means the box was unlocked. Stupid Hermes kids!" Leo said. "You might not want to say that in front of Hermes," the eavesdropping Percy said and read Nancy's response to the pun: Who are you!?

The bus arrived. The bus driver got out and whispered something to Mr. Smith. "What do you mean the other bus isn't gonna show up!?" Mr. Smith said loudly. He faced the class. "Okay, okay. We'll be able to go. Just, um, five to a seat," he said. Everyone crammed in the bus. There were three empty seats in the very back, where the demigods sat. "Aww, that's not fair! Why aren't they suffering?!" Nancy complained. "Shut your pie hole, Nancy," Piper snapped.

A/N: If your reading, thank you for doing so. Next chapter is going to be them riding the bus. It's gonna be a boring chapter, just them talking. Comment any suggestions.