Chapter 3

The day went by pretty fast. Soon the used to be empty house was now full with the Matthews things. 

They had decided to order pizza for dinner so now they found themselves in the new living room with boxes of pizza open on the coffee table as they all finally sat down to relax.

Lucas enjoyed spending time with Josh's family, his parents were always so nice to him and Cory was exactly how Josh had described him,, he was very corky but pretty cool, and he had taken a great liking to Auggie.

As for Josh's niece Riley, 

Lucas was still trying to figure out the heck happened to him back in her room. He had never felt so much like an idiot, she probably thought he was some creep.

But he  didn't care right? she was just some girl he doesn't even know.

"Thank you again Lucas for helping, I'm sure you had better things to do" Cory tell his brothers best friend"

"It's no problem Mr. Matthews" Lucas assures him

"Please, call me Cory"

Lucas smiles "Okay Cory"

"Uncle Josh can you take me to the park tomorrow?" Auggie asks 

"Sorry buddy but I have plans with Maya tomorrow, maybe some other time" Josh tells his nephew who pouts.

"So how is Maya?" Riley teases her Uncle

"She's good excited to see ou guys again, especially  you" he tells Riley

"I can't wait" Riley smiles 

"Hey why don't you come with us to the movies tomorrow" Josh suddenly asks

"Really?, are you sure? I don't want to intrude" 

"You won't be intruding plus Maya would like to see you" Josh encourages

"I don't know Josh I don't want to be a third wheel" Riley says

Lucas can see why she wouldn't want to be by herself with them. He himself has been a third wheel with the couple and he always feels out of place. its like when Maya and Josh are alone it's like no one else is there and It annoyed Lucas to no end.

"Well.." Josh thinks and then gets an idea "Lucas can come then it will just be a group" Josh suggests

Uh I'n not sure.." Lucas is about to object

"Come on dude you said yourself you had no plans and  it beats being home alone" Josh encourages

Lucas wants to say no but realizes he has no excuse out so he eventually gives in.

"Ok I guess I'm in" 

"Its settled then" Josh announces.

"Well  it's getting late we should be getting home" Josh's dad announces

Everyone gets up and they start hugging and saying goodbye. Lucas shakes hands with Cory and Topanga and high fives Auggie and then he gets to Riley and once he's in front of her he's not sure what to say.

"Bye" she simply says with a shy smile

"Bye" is all Lucas says as well and he finds himself staring at her

She finally takes her hand out for a shake and Lucas takes it. He notices how soft and warm her hands were and quickly pulls away and mentally smacks himself for having such weird thoughts and he  quickly follows Josh to his car to head back to his house.

Once home Lucas and Josh get ready for bed. Lucas is coming out of the bathroom and headed back to Josh's room and he is looking at the all the pictures on the walls, he had walked passed them before but he never really payed attention to them. Once he'a  closer to Josh's room a picture catches his eyes and he comes closer and takes a look. It's a picture of a younger Josh, he looks about 10 and he has his arm around a girl and he realizes it's Riley. She had the same big brown eyes and shy smile. Lucas had to admit she had pretty eyes, Lucas shakes the thought out of his head and heads into Josh's room. Josh is already asleep so Lucas climbs into the air mattress and quickly falls asleep.