Chapter 4

After the movie the 4 teens decided to go grab some ice cream from their favorite ice cream parlor.

"Oh my gosh I forgot how good this ice cream was, I haven't had it since the last time I came" Riley says as she takes anther bite of her rocky road ice cream.

"Yeah you can't get ice cream like this in New York" Josh tells his niece.

They decided to take a stroll through the park. Maya and Josh were up ahead holding hands while Riley and Lucas stayed behind to give the couple some space. They walked in comfortable silence.

"So do you miss Texas?" Riley suddenly asks

The question took Lucas by surprise. No one had really ever asked him that, to be honest he hadn't really thought about Texas in a while there were a lot of bad memories from his childhood there that he would rather not remember. But he honestly didn't want to talk about it..

"Uh, yeah I guess" he says to make the conversation stop.

Riley feels like he didn't really want to talk about it so she decided not to push it.

"What about you? Do you miss New York?" Lucas suddenly asks 

"A little, I mean I used to love coming here when I was a kid but to live here is very different" Riley admits.

Lucas nods understanding "You must miss your friends"

"I guess, but like I said earlier we're not that close"

"Maybe you'll make new friends here" Lucas tells

"Yeah maybe" Riley says as they continue walking in silence.

Lucas looks up ahead to look at the couple in front, Josh had his armed wrapped around Maya pulling her very close.

"They  really love each other don't they" Riley commented also looking at the couple.

LOVE there was that world again. He should had known that she was that type of girl who believed in all that nonsense.

"Yeah I guess" Lucas says 

"What? you don't think they are?" Riley asks turning to Lucas

Lucas shrugs "I'm not the best person to ask about that kind of stuff" 

"What   you mean relationships?" Riley asks curiously

"Yeah I guess I just never saw the point in it"he shrugs

"You mean 2 people loving each other? What's not to get?" Riley asks

"It just doesn't make sense to me" Lucas says starting to get impatient with all these questions

"What?" Riley asks 

"2 people say they love each other forever and live happily ever after, it's just not possible"

"I think it's possible" Riley fires back very determined

"And how do you know it does?" he asks

"How do you know it doesn't?" Riley fires back

Lucas stares at her and they just stand there in a stare down neither of them breaking it. Josh and Maya approach them.

"Hey you guys okay?" Josh asks looking between them

Riley breaks contact "Yeah everything fine" she says and then begins to start walking, Maya follows her.

"What happened?" Josh asked 

"Nothing" Lucas answers and begins to walk off

======================================================