Chapter 8

Lucas is awoken by the sound of his phone ringing. He groans as he feels around looking for it and he finally finds it and answers without looking at who it is.

"Whoever this is, I hate you" he mumbles 

He hears his best friend laugh at the other end.

"Morning sunshine"

"Why are you calling so early?" he asks

"Its 10" josh tells him

He looks at the clock and sees he is right. He didn't get that much sleep, after that  dream he had a hard time getting back to sleep.

"So what's your plan for today" Josh asks

"Sleeping"  Lucas answers

"Well too bad, get changed cause we're going out"

"What?" Lucas asks confused

"Me and Cory planned to take Auggie to the phillies game today but Cory and Toponga had to head back to New York  to handle something about their old place. So I have an extra ticket so I'll pick you up in an hour"

Lucas sighs "Alright see you then" he hangs up the phone and continues to just lay there for a moment . The dream still fresh in his mind.

What did it mean?

Why was he dreaming about Riley?

He had never had a dream like that before. Sure he had the occasional fantasies but what teenage boy hadn't . But this dream was different it felt so real like she was really in his room. 

He looked at the time, he should  start getting ready before Josh got here.

He headed to the shower and tried to keep his mind off the dream.

An hour later Josh texted he was out front and Lucas headed out and hopped in the passenger seat of Josh's car.

'So we'll head  to pick up Auggie and then we can head over to Chubbies to grab a bite before heading to the game" Josh informs him

"Sounds good"

Qucikly they arrive to Cory's house, Josh doesn't bother knocking as he opens the front door.

'Hello anybody home" he shouts 

"Uncle Josh'They hear Auggie shout as he runs into the room  and jumps on his uncle

"Sup buddy you excited to see the Phllies play?" Josh asks

"Yeah!" Ague says excitedly and then he turns and sees Lucas "Hey Lucas!"

"Hey little man how are you?" Lucas says as he ruffle his hair

"Good" he smiles at him

"Where are your parents?" Josh asks 

"They already left" Auggie informs him

"So your here alone?" Josh asks eyebrows raised

"No, Rileys in her room" his nephew answers 

The mention of Riley makes him nervous and he feels his stomach flip. He tries to pull himself together.

"Okay why don't you go get ready and we'll go" Josh tells him

"Okay" Auggie says as Josh sets him down and he runs off to his room

 Lucas begins looking around the room. Last time he  was there helping them move the walls were bare and there were boxes everywhere but now the boxes were gone and the walls were filled with tons of family photos.