Chapter VIII

Author's note: HI, SO THIS STORY HAS 100+ READS AND IT'S REALLY EXCITING FOR ME. Thank you for the reads, I really appreciate them. On with chapter 8!

----

Getting to Holmes Chapel wasn't fun after a long flight to London. My head was hurting because I knew Harry was going to freak out at me being in Holmes Chapel. I didn't want to go there but my job required me to handle all things One Direction, so here I was in a car heading to Holmes Chapel.

Instead of stopping by at the hotel, I asked the driver to drop me off at Harry's mom's house. Apparently that's where he'd been staying.

Before I ringing the doorbell, I practiced the speech that I was going to give him a million more times in my head. Once I felt ready, I rang the doorbell to find myself face-to-face with Harry Styles.

Surprisingly, he let me in and let me sit down on the couch before he started giving me death glares.

Before I could say anything, he asked, "Why are you here?"

To that, I responded, "Because you don't see the other members of your group on the front page of every gossip website."

"I'm not going to do what you ask of me," he said firmly.

"You didn't even hear what I was going to say," I responded in a calm manner.

My team had thought of the perfect solution to this mess. We would leak that Kendall is just a friend of Harry's and they just coincidentally ran into each other in Anguilla, and that the 'mysterious brunette' was an old friend that he took out on a date, and everything was still very early on in their relationship.

"I'm not doing this," Harry said as he put his foot down. He paced around the room and when he finally decided to sit down, he repeated himself.

Maybe I had been too soft on him. It was my job to make sure that he stayed out of the public eye for a bit, and it obviously didn't happen. Maybe it was my fault, maybe I had been too lenient.

"Mr. Styles, I am not repeating myself a second time. I told you to stay out of the public eye. You decided to flaunt your new fling out to the world, you decided to go out on a public date with her. You decided to step outside with her. You decided to go against my words. So you are going to listen to me and do as I say. I am here to fix the mess you caused; I am the fixer. I don't listen to you and what you have to say because you don't get to call the shots, I do. I am the one who gets to call all the shots and fix the problem you caused. So close your mouth and do as I say. Do I make myself clear?" I said finding my voice again.

He didn't look mad, he just looked sad. "Do you even care who she was?"

"No," I said as I waited for him to yell at me or something.

"Well, she was an old school friend that I had dinner with. I ran into her and she told me that her mum passed away recently, so we decided to catch up over some dinner. When we were leaving the restaurant, the paparazzi found out where I was and she was overwhelmed, so I grabbed her hand to make sure she wasn't swallowed by the crowd," he said visibly upset.

"Good, your story matches up with ours," that's all I said before I got up and started towards the door.

"I was the only one who was not allowed to get a steady girlfriend. Why me?" he asked in a defeated tone.

"It wasn't my decision. What your persona was, that wasn't decided by me. I only worked with your given persona," I sat back down as I explained.

"Why do you get to decide my life? You don't even know me," he looked so sad and small. He looked so different than when he was in my apartment a couple days ago. There, he was moody but confident, but here, he looked defeated.