Chapter V

Author's note: I think there are readers, which makes me ecstatic. Thank you for reading! Also, I have been updating everyday, but that's going to change. I won't update everyday due to a busy schedule; therefore, you can expect updates every other day to once every three days. 

Thanks, x!

---

"But what do I do? They don't talk, they don't do anything," I complained on the phone.

It was the morning of the second day, and Simon and I decided that it would be best to hibernate for 96 hours, which meant there were a couple of days left.

"I don't know," he was mad because I woke him up.

"Please help, you know them better than anyone," I pleaded because every moment was so painfully awkward.

"Has Niall opened up at all? He's usually the peacekeeper," he sounded a bit more awake at my pleading.

"Kind of, he seems to be easy going," I remembered how he smiled last night.

"Liam will probably be ok this morning, he was probably tired. It'll be harder for Louis to settle in because he's usually a brat about everything, but he'll get there. The hardest one will be Harry. He's moody as f**k," he explained everything pretty much to the tee.

After talking about the four, we chatted about other things briefly before he announced he had to go back to sleep.

"Thanks Zayn," I thanked him again before getting off the phone with him.

After working for Simon for a bit, when I was 18, I was assigned as One Direction's crisis manager. The thinking behind this action was that I was close in age with them, so it meant that I would be able to relate to them. It worked out well, usually. Due to the fear that they wouldn't listen to me because I was so young, they dealt with other people at the company I was associated with at the time. I only officially met them once I started Hansen and Company.

The first member of One Direction that I got to meet was Zayn. It was right after their marijuana scandal and I spun the media and fixed and fixed for them. Zayn had come to my temporary London office to say thanks—he had brought flowers and chocolates. From then on, he and I stayed in contact. He helped me out whenever he could and I helped him out whenever I could.

When Zayn wanted to leave One Direction, I was the first person he told. I didn't ask a lot of questions, but I knew he was tired. He had previously expressed some concern about how his goals and ambitions weren't being fulfilled; however, he decided that the right decision was to leave the band. As his friend, I supported his decision, but as a member of his crisis management team, I advised him against it. Nonetheless, he asked me for help with the contract and to also spin and fix everything once he left, and I did both. I got him out of Syco's contract and fixed his relationship with the media once he officially left. 

After the initial craziness after his departure, Zayn had found his new groove. He was much happier being on his own, and his happiness made me happy.

Seeing Harry's tired face reminded me of Zayn's when he talked to me about leaving. Maybe Harry wanted to leave too, but he couldn't after Zayn left. Maybe Harry was tired of One Direction too.

My thoughts were pushed aside when Liam came into the family room.

He smiled and said, "Good morning, Jess."

"Good morning, Mr. Payne," I smiled back at him. Zayn was right, Liam was in a better mood.

"Liam is just fine," he said as he signaled if it would be alright to turn the television on.