To You: Five years after the fall

Levi and I had gotten married in a quiet, backyard type  ceremony as soon as he came back from Shiganshina. Levi had called for a shotgun wedding saying that he didn't want to postpone our wedding any longer. We exchanged vows in a clearing in the meadow outside the old Recon Corps headquarters. We had relocated to be closer to the two remaining walls. I had been so ecstatic to see Levi return to me after the fall of wall Maria. He was tired looking, but still in one piece. I was also saddened with the loss of precious comrades.

Yes, Levi and I had children, a stubborn, headstrong little girl named Rivielle.  She looked and acted so much like Levi, his personal little doppelganger. She was four years old now. Levi gave Rivielle a piggy back ride to the mess hall. He set her down on the ground as soon as we got to the hall.

"Momma, can I visit Auntie Hanji?" Rivielle asked sweetly.

"You know how your father feels about that," I said, ruffling her waist length raven locks. Her cowlick was showing. She looked up at me and stuck her bottom lip out, flashing me silver puppy eyes. God, I was a sucker for puppy eyes. Who can say no when a child makes a face like that? I groaned, unable to say so.

"You can have breakfast with her, but no visiting Sonny and Bean," Levi said, compromising.

As if being summoned by a worshipper, Hanji appeared out of the woodwork. She picked Rivielle up and settled her on her hip. Rivielle threw her arms around Hanji's neck.

"What's shakin', sweetie?"

"Daddy said that I can have bweakfast wif you!"

"But no Titan experiments!" Levi added.

"Really!?" Hanji asked, acting surprised. "Wow! We could have strawberry pancakes with whipped cream on top. How does that sound?"

"Yay!" Rivielle clapped her hands together. "Stwabewy pancakes and whipped cweam!" Hanji set Riv on the ground, opened the door, and went inside.

Erwin walked up behind us.

"Levi? Rukia? You are needed to assess the training for the 104th cadet class. Keith has them training with the 3DMG. All you have to do is stand back and watch, then make a report. Dismissed."

"H-hey, wait a minute! I don't exactly have a babysitter, and I don't entirely trust Hanji to keep Rivielle out of trouble. No offense to her," I said, starting to worry. "Levi, you go. I will stay behind."

"By all means, I will take care of Rivielle. After all, I am her godfather," Erwin said. "As your commander, I order you to go with Levi and assess Keith's training. Like I said, I will look after her."

I had almost forgotten. Shortly after I had recovered from giving birth to Rivielle (really, I thought that taking a 3DMG hook through the thigh was painful), I had appointed Erwin as  their Godfather and Petra as her godmother.

It just so happened that Petra was passing by and overheard the conversation.

"Erwin, I believe that you still have paperwork to file. I will take care of Rivielle. Olou is still following me around and flapping his mouth and biting his tongue. Kind of gives me an excuse to get away from him."

Erwin rolled his eyes. "Alright Petra. You win this time."

Reluctantly I walked to the stables and saddled my horse. Levi was tightening the strap on the saddle as I swung myself into the seat. My mare nickered softly. Soon, we were headed to the training grounds.

Time skip brought to you by strawberry pancakes

Levi and I walked the ground, watching as the cadets trained. Some were practicing with the 3DMGs, some were blocking as they practiced hand to hand combat. A blond girl flipped a rather sturdy looking blond male over her shoulder and pressed the wooden training blade at his jugular. Needless to say, I was impressed.