Humanity's most worried

Levi's point of view

Rukia had a point by saying she didn't trust the regiment to look after our child. Trusting them to have our backs in battle? No problem. But my child was another matter. We spurred our horses, urging them to gallop faster.

I heard Rivielle shrieking as I rode up. I launched myself  off of my horse and ran, frantically searching for my daughter. Rukia gasped, the color draining from her delicate features.

Oulo was tossing her up in the air, and Rivielle was giggling with each toss.

"Whee! Again, again!"

I activated my 3DMG, the hooks embedding themselves into a tree, and caught her in midair.

"Daddy!" She squealed, obviously happy to see me.

I glared at Oulo. "What do you think I would have done if you had dropped her, Baka?"

"I wasn't gonna-" he started, and bit his tongue. Blood spurted out of his mouth, and Rivielle giggled.

I looked down at my daughter, who was clinging to my side.

That's my girl.

I ruffled her hair. I looked over at Rukia, who was leaning against a tree trunk.

"Let's go to the stables and visit the horses," I said. "You like horses, don't you

She started to jump up and down excitedly.

"Yeah! We get to visit the horses!"

I grabbed her tiny hand, and Rukia grabbed the other one. We swung our arms, and lifted Rivielle up occasionally as we made our way to the stables. She giggled with each swing.

Rukia was writing her report as Rivielle and I were brushing down the horses. I reached into my pocket and pulled out some sugar cubes.

"Riv,  come over here," I said. I put a few cubes into her hands and lifted her up so she could reach the horse.

"Lay your hand out flat."

Rivielle shreiked with delight as I picked her up.

She giggled as the paint licked her palm. "Daddy, it tickles!"

I acted like I was going to drop her. "Too...heavy!" I joked.

Riv threw her arms around my waist. "You're being silly, daddy."

I knelt down in front of her. "I am, aren't I? Have you had lunch yet?"

"Can we have macaroni and cheese!?" She asked eagarly.

I took that as a no.

"As long as we have something healthy with it," I said. "We don't wanna get sick, now do we?"

She shook her head. "Nuh-uh."

Erwin walked into the stable. Riv immediately ran over to him, and he lifted her up into his arms. "Uncle Erwin!"

"What's little Rebel up to?"

"Daddy's gonna fix Mac and cheese for lunch. But  I gotta eat healthy stuff first."

"Your daddy is absolutely right! You wanna grow up to be a strong soldier and help humanity, don't you?"

"Yeah! Then we can help mommy and daddy beat the titans!"

Rukia glared at Erwin from behind. If looks could kill, Hanji would be commander now.

"Commander Erwin!" Petra bust into the stables. "The Colossal and Armored titans have returned! The wall has been breached again! The garrisons are calling in the special ops squad."

We all jumped up. Erwin set Riv down. We were already in our uniforms.

"Mommy? Daddy?" Riv asked, confused.

I knelt down in front of my daughter.

"Daddy has to go off and take care of some titans. They're being bullies again."

Riv threw her arms around my neck, and buried her head in my chest.

"What about mommy?"

"Mommy has to go, too. It's our job." I rubbed my hand up and down her back.

"We will have Mac and cheese when you get back, right?"

"We will. You  and your mommy and me."