Chapter 1

"Staff, Let's welcome (y/n) to our company"

The Chairman introduced me to the whole department that I will be working in.

"Anna, this is (y/n) the new junior designer for our brand" I shook hands with the person called Anna.

A tall woman, maybe around 178cm, with long and black silky hair that reached her waist but was kept neat with cute hair clips. She was wearing a black with blue vertical stripes jacket, with a white shirt inside and a knee length black skirt.

"Hello, I am Anna, welcome to our company" I smiled and said thank you to her. As the Chairman left, Anna showed me my workplace.

"(Y/n) this is your place, you will be under the supervision of our second Senior Designer" She looked at the opposite on the right of my table.

"That is our second Senior Designer, Jung Leo" I think I didn't see him during the Meet and Greet. Judging by the way he was in his super deep concentration of work with earphones in his ears, he didn't even bother about me and Anna staring at him.

"You might want to greet him after this, since you are under him. Anyway, you came from my hometown, Pocheon, so I think we can get along just fine. Where do you live by the way?"

"I live in the apartment, more like a studio 2 blocks from here"

"Me too! Okay, we'll go home together later?"

"That would be great" She smiled and mouthed me 'see you later'.

I sat down on my chair. My workplace is situated at the last row, behind me were the windows. It was a relief, I could let my stress go by just watching the clouds, rain or traffic down there, since my office was in the 21st floor.

I was too busy admiring the view when someone just stood behind me.

"Who are you?" He stared at me. Oh my, he was so tall. I quickly stood up and bow at him.

"Hello, my name is (y/n) I am new here for the Junior Designer post and was told that I would be under your supervision" He stared at me blankly with his hands in his pockets.

"Oh, sorry I didn't meet you earlier, I was busy sketching new ideas" I nodded.

"I am Jung Leo. You may call me Leo. Today, I'll just give you a free time, but please be prepared for tomorrow as loads will be coming your way. We need new ideas from fresh people"

Fresh people? How old was he anyway? My age was 23, so he couldn't be that old. He looked young too.

He went back to his place and took some files.

"For your free time, read these. These are our clients' demands of gowns. Read each of them, prepare the sketches, with colour and hand it over to me as soon as possible" He put the files and left.

Woah, there might be hundreds of demands in a file, and there are 2 of them.

I took one file and saw a note on the inside.

Just choose several of them. No need to do all.

Aww, he was kind lol. So I guess that was okay. I started flipping through the papers. Some people wanted dress, gowns and some more outfits.

"Hey newbie!" a head just popped over the divider. A guy with a little tanned skin, Japanese idol style of hair and wearing a tilted hat, he looked like Osamu Mukai.

"Pardon for his sudden over friendliness. Hello, my name is Isabella, just call me Isabell. This over friendly guy is George Koizumi, just call him George." I smiled at them.

"So, I heard you are under The Keeper?" George frowned.

"I'm sorry, what? The Keeper?" Isabell nudged George's arm.

"You may want to know, we call the Second Senior Designer, Jung Leo as the Keeper" George began bringing his chair beside me. I sensed that his workplace is in front of Leo's or the Keeper's.

"We call him the Keeper among us. You know why? Because at times, he would be seen dating with a girl, after some time, you'll see a new girl, without knowing what happened to the previous one. Did she move out of his studio? Did she dump him? Nobody knows. As if he keeps them all as secrets, that's where the Keeper came from." George was whispering.

"Obviously no one would know, it's his personal life" Isabell knocked George's head.

"I see he has given you works, George and I shouldn't be interrupting you. See you later~" Isabell pulled George away. I sighed and went back to my work.

***

"(y/n)!" A girlish voice called. Another anonymous staff, did the whole office knew my name while I didn't know theirs?

"Hi, my name is Miwako Sawari. Just call me Miwako. Isabell and George asked me to invite you to lunch with us" A 168cm tall girl, with golden brown locks braided.

"Hi Miwako. Oh um.. I think I have to decline the invitation, Mr Leo gave me lots of homework" Miwako looked through the file.

"The Keeper is so mean" she pouted and left. I waved at them: George, Miwako, Isabell and a guy with the name tag Arashi.

I plugged in my earphones and began playing my favourite songs. I began singing, but I know that wasn't loud enough for everyone to hear me.

After busy sketching 5 sketches, I unplugged my earphone. Suddenly, I felt an icy stare at my neck.

I turned to see Leo behind me.

"AAHH!!" I quickly shut my mouth for involuntarily screaming.

"You were in deep concentration" He said with his poker face.

"I guess so" I rubbed behind my neck. Damn, he must have heard me singing.

"How long have you been standing here, Mr. Leo?"

"No formalities. You can call Anna just Anna, why not me just Leo? Hmm.. quite long, you finished singing Lion Hearts and Run"

Oh Lawd, why must he be here?

"Is there anything that you need?" I asked him politely.

"Yes, accompany me to lunch" What? Okay, now I know why he's the Keeper.

"Must I?" that blurted out, but really? Accompany him to lunch?

"I am your senior and you are under my supervision. So I need to supervise you while eating" That was really unnecessary. But like he said, he's my senior, I had to go, reluctantly of course.

Next to our office's building, was a lane of restaurants ranging from greasy family to high standard gourmet.

Leo walked in front while I just follow him from behind. We arrived at a super fine gourmet restaurant. Leo stepped in without hesitation while I was still standing outside.

Is he crazy? Well, he might be able to pay his meals, but not me for sure. A plate from this place might cause me a quarter of my pay.

"(y/n), why are you standing outside?" He returned back to me.

"Mr Leo.."

"Leo. Just Leo"

"Leo. I for sure am not affordable and yet not suitable for places like this. I have a small pay compared to you. So if you want to eat here, I will go to other place and I will meet you back here. Is that okay?" He sighed and pulled my wrist.

Lawd, why is he so aggressive?

He pulled a chair for me to sit. Such a gentleman but .... he's weird.

"Order anything you want, don't worry about the payment. It's my treat as a congratulatory on you signing your new post" He smiled.

I died. I just died. He just smiled. And he killed me.