Chapter 4

As I promised to George, I went to Lunch with him. He was so happy that he almost tumble of the stairs. He looked so different than when I had to say no yesterday.

"George, where are we eating?" I asked as he beamed happily at me. His pearl white teeth row could be seen clearly.

"Uhh.. didn't think about that. Just a family restaurant" He was scratching his head. He tilted his head. Why was he even acting cute hahaha.

Well, at least we didn't eat somewhere that I couldn't even afford a plate. Unlike Mr. Big Spender yesterday.

We went for lunch at McDonald's instead because George had the craving for a Big Mac. Again, at least I could pay for myself without having to be treated by George. I would seriously feel uncomfortable. 

For the meal Leo had paid yesterday, that also made me felt uncomfortable. I just met him for the first time yesterday, and he already bought me a gourmet meal. 

Not to say I am comfortable with George, but, the differences in class of wealth that we have isn't that obvious. Or rich people's word, commoners.

"Here is your burger, fries and cola. And these are mine" I looked on the tray. I almost dropped my jaws on the table if it wasn't attached to my face.

Sundae. Apple Pie. Fries. Big Mac. Large Cola. Hash browns.

"Um.. George?" I called him and it seemed like I was distracting him from staring at his lavish-not-so-lavish lunch.

"Yeah" He lifted his face to me.

"Don't you think that you would get in trouble for eating a lot of fast food at once?" This guy has a thing for eating a lot. His appetite is a mismatch with that toned body that he has.

"Nah.. I will be fine" If he say so. So we just started digging in our food because our lunch time wasn't long. 

We talked and talked while eating. 

"So, (y/n) you finished your degree in designing on time? How did you do that? I had to extend a few semesters because my projects kept got rejected" 

"Yeah. It was a tough time for me too. My life was a mess just to complete my degree so that I can get out of home" I explained.

"Get out of home?"

"I am used to growing up alone. Appa was always busy. Omma too. My sisters were in the university away from home when I was a child. So, I prefer leaving alone" George nodded to my explanations. 

Why do I suddenly feel empty ey?

No, we're not talking about feelings or whatever.

Hmm..

Oh yeah, I didn't check my phone at all. I should be checking them during lunch time. I took my handbag and unzipped the small pocket.

And it wasn't there. Ey?

I unzipped all the parts but my phone wasn't there. 

"(y/n) what is wrong with your face?" George was finishing his desert.

"I think I left my phone at the office"

"Do you have any important person to contact through phone?" 

"No. I think, no one would call or text me. Lunch is just a short break" George nodded and finished his food quickly as a favor to me.

It couldn't have been stolen, right?

***

I quickly ran to my place. I opened the mini drawer.

"Omo! Oh, my heart" I hugged my phone.

"Geez, (y/n). It's just a phone"

I hissed at him. This is not just a phone. This is my ONE AND ONLY phone.

"Kyeowo (cute)" He pinched my cheeks and just went away. Geez, this guy.

I looked at Leo's place and he wasn't there. Maybe he was still on his break at any fancy restaurant.

I sat down and turned my phone on. No one would have called me, usually. I put my phone on my side when it suddenly vibrates.

11 Missed Calls from Jung Leo

5 texts from Jung Leo 

Oh my gosh! He called and even texted me! I quickly opened the messages. I was too scared I even closed my eyes.

__

  From : Jung Leo 

(y/n) Where are you? I can't find you in the office. I am at your table, waiting for you.

_

From : Jung Leo

Let's go and have lunch together. I am hungry. I won't take you to places like yesterday if you are not comfortable with it. We'll go to places that you are okay with.

_

From : Jung Leo 

Why are you not replying? It is already lunch time. And I cannot find you anywhere.

_

From : Jung Leo 

Okay. 

__   

OMG I AM SO DEAD RIGHT NOW. I CAN FEEL MYSELF BEING STRUCK BY LIGHTNING.

Okay, calm down. First, we have to look for Leo. Where could he be when he's hungry?

*Ping!*

PANTRY!

I quickly paced to the pantry. I arrived at the door, but I was hesitated to go inside.

Should I or shouldn't I? It took me a while thinking while looking at the floor.

"Where were you?" His voice was angry, I knew it.

"I went out with George for lunch" I was so afraid to look at him directly right now.

"George? George Koizumi?" I nodded.

"You should have told me. I was waiting for you that I didn't even eat"

"I am sorry but it's not my fault too. I left my phone at the office today."

"You could have told me before you go. You can text me or leave a note on my table"

He was about to leave when a sudden blow of courage came to me.

"Why do I even have to report whatever I am doing to you?"

OMG I AM SO DEAD

He turned at me and came so near to me. Every forward step of him, is a backward step of me. I was scared when I was trapped by the wall behind me.

"You don't know who you are, (y/n)" and he just stormed away.

I sat on the floor. I was breathless for a while.

I don't know who I am? What did he mean by that? 

"(y/n) Are you okay?" Miwako appeared so suddenly.

"Miwako, um.. I am fine. Just feel a little light headed."

"Do you want me to help you to your place?" She put her hand on my forehead.

"No, Miwako. Thanks. I am fine" I smiled at her as she left me there.