Epilogue

Epilogue

There was a loud shout, almost scream, that made me quickly jump from my chair. I found him missing from the toy that was on the couch in my study. I ran to the stairs, jumping multiple steps at a time and nearly crashing into the wooden floor. 

I found the front door wide open, and rushed out, ignoring the pain in my shin, and just following the sound. My ears heard the yell and the blood pumping. I never wanted to hear him yell, it caused me more pain than he would ever feel.

"Richie?!" I yelled back, but I didn't need to. He sat in his red wagon, with arms tied behind his back, and legs tired in front of him. I sighed, and rubbed my eyebrows together. My head started to hurt, and my heart slowed down from it's fast pace. I walked over, glaring at Dani, "What are you doing this time?"

"Well, Aunt Dewey, I just wanted to play with Richie," I raised my eyebrow, kneeling down next to him and untying the ropes. He giggle and reached out his hands, once they were untied. He had a smile just like his father, it made me smile a little bit. 

"Play time is over, Richie has to take a nap," He put his arms around my neck, and I lifted him from the ground, "Say goodbye Dani!" He waved his hand and gave her his biggest smile.

"Bye Dani!" I grabbed the wagon, as she ran off. She looked just like her mother. But she was much more annoying than her mother, and much much smarter. She just didn't eat as much as her father, though they always argued over the cake.

"Mummy,"  I set Richie down, pulled the wagon inside, and shut the front door. He got on his feet, and walked, mostly, to the stairs, "I don't wanna go to bed," I grabbed him again, lifting him high into the air, making him giggle and laugh, which brought another smile to my face, and brought him upstairs.  

"Just a little nap, you will get to play afterwords," I got the top of the stairs, and brought Richie around the corner into his bedroom. I placed him in his brand new bed, just too big for his crib now, and pulled the blanket over his tiny chest. I kissed his forehead, and brushed his tiny face. Everything about him was perfect, his eyes though, they reminded me of my father, and of myself.

"Mum?"

"Yes?" He reached up and touched my lip, with his small fingers.

"Why is yer voice different than daddy's?" I took his little hand and held it closely. It was quite soft, with the tiniest fingers I've ever held, and I didn't want to let it go.

"Because I'm from a far away land where people speak differently, called America. Dad is from here, Liverpool," Richie giggled, causing him to squirm. 

"I was born in Liddypool, like daddy!" I laughed. I only laugh around Richie.

"Yes, yes you were. Just like him," I lightly squeezed his hand, "I'll be back in an hour, daddy will be home too, so the faster you sleep, the sooner you will get to see him," Richie nodded, and I let him go. I got up and walked to the door.

"Love ya mummy!" I looked back at him. I smiled at my little boy. The years of convincing it took for me to agree to me to have a child, and I would do anything to be a better parent then my own, and protect him with my life. I love him, I love him, I love him. 

"I love you too Richie, now time to nap," I shut the door, and I sighed. I got that new shirt.

***********************************************************************************

 Hey! That's the end! I hope it's satisfactory, but even if it isn't, there aren't anymore shit coming out about this couple so, yay and boo. 

Thanks for reading! Tell me what you think, if you would be so kind.