War Time

Kamari's POV

I know y'all mad at me.... But I couldn't do it. August is a good guy and I don't want to hurt him. It's. Best for us to just stay friends. Why you asked? Because I never been involved with anyone. I never had the chance to. I had to grow up fast because something I cherished most was taken from me. Something I can never get back. So no I don't want to get involved with August because I don't know what it is like to have feelings for someone. We just need to leave everything at business. Nun more nun less.

-The next day-

I walked into the trap since I was suspended from school and didn't have any thing to do. I was greeted by a couple of my boys as I made my way to the back. He was there. Headphones in just vibing to his music. I didn't want to be awkward so I walked pasted him and started to watch tv. I felt the couch shifted to the right . There wasn't no point of me turning my head because I smelt his cologne from where I was sitting.

Him:Kama-

Me: KD

Him: KD can we talk about yesterday.

Me: there is nothing to talk about

Him: really 😑✋🏾 you know we need to talk about it

Me: 😂😂 look we kiss..so what no big deal. I mean you clearly said I wasn't feeling you so 💁🏾

Ugh.

Him: yo you gookin ma. So you don't even have the slightest crush on me

Me: you a cool guy and all but I need to focus on john and school not you. So I would appreciate it if you would just drop your feelings for me so we can get back to business 😏

Him: whatever you say boss 😒 ( gets up and walks out)

Damn. I'm so confused that ion even know what to do .

-2 months later-

August doesn't even speak to me . Like damn I know you mad and all but I have a grade to get and he not cooperating with me and shit.

I walked into the cafeteria and searched for him. Once I saw him I made my way over to his table and I spoke.

Me: hey August

Him: ( turns around looks me up and down and turn back around) Geah

Me: can I talk to you?

Him: naah I'm busy spending time with my girl.

Julie. That's his fucking girl. 😂 bet.

Me: it's about our project.

Him: what about it?

Me: we need to work on it.

Him: we just talking about what we learned about each other and I know enough about you.

Me: August ser-

Him: naah fuck you . You played me . So please leave me the fuck alone.

Me: but au-

Him: so you just gon go against the grain and still try to talk to me? You wanna talk let's talk. Let's talk about how your moms a junkie. Or how she is dating the nigga who raped you and killed your brother. Or even better let's talk about how you ain't shit. You don't have a car ...no one wants you and your brother is turning in his grave right now because you're a disappointment. So what else do you wanna talk about?

Me: 😢😭 nothing absolutely nothing.

I grab my belongings and headed to the trap. Some nerve this nigga got. I confided in him and he tells the whole school my business. This is the time I need my brother the most . To tell me everything is alright. 😔

August's POV

I swear I didn't mean what I said to her. I was just so caught up in my feelings that I didn't realize what I was saying. If she ain't like me before she hates me now. I left school and went home. I called up Julie and told her to come thru. 

15mins passed and she showed up. She already knows what to do when I'm stressed. I light a blunt and watch as she goes to work. Some how I was not feeling it and told her to leave. I grab my keys and head out to the trap. Hopefully she isn't there but if she is I would to deal with the consequence.

I had to park a lil far because it seemed like the trap was throwing a lil party. I walked in the trap house and there was liq and weed everywhere. Music blasting and people all over the place.  Then I spotted her making her way to an empty room and I followed.

Me: hey Mari 😞

Her:😴 what ?

Me: I want to apologize to you. I was outta line for saying those things to you just because I was hurt. I know you hate me but we work together and I just want to start over.

Kamari's POV

Started over? Has he lost his rabbit ass mind. Ain't no start over bih.

Me:(chuckles) yo you mad hilarious. Start over? For what. You know what I don't even blame you yung. I fucked up by telling my struggle to someone I thought I could trust. Funny right? Well ya know since there isn't any future between us let me get everything out and into the open. I had very strong feelings for you. The day I stopped kissing you was because I didn't want to hurt you. I ain't know how to be romantically involved with someone let alone you. So I let my guard up and fell back. The reason you are mad is be-

Him:no Kamari I am sorry. I should of kept fighting for you ma. I gave up to quick.

Me: ya done?(he nods) anyways I mad you do those things because I hurt you. Something I was tryna avoid. So it's best if you just leave me alone . Go back to your girl and do you. I'll figure out something when it comes to our grade.

Him: I can't just leave you. I n-

Me: AUGUST I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT OKAY. YOU BETRAYED ME. I FUCKING TRUSTED YOU AND YOU FLAT OUT EMBARRASSED ME IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE SCHOOL. Man get the fuck out😭 we don't need your services any more 😪✌🏾️.

Him: ok

And with that I broke down and cried myself sleep. I never been this emotional.

-a week later-

I haven't seen August since that day of the party . He hasn't been to school and I'm worried bout him. I asked sneak about him and he says he haven't heard from him. I mean it's still fuck him but I am worried because this is unlike him.The sound of my phone interrupted my thoughts as someone was calling me .

Me:hello
??:this KD.
Me: who's asking?
??: don't worry about that lil bitch

Excuse them? I heard someone in the background say something but I couldn't make out the voice.

Me:who tf is this?what do you want.

??: I want you cupcake. And If I can't have ya your lil boyfriend dies.

Me: don't you dare hurt him John . I will fuck you up.

John: whatever. Just meet me in the alley by your self and I will let him go.

Me: yeah I hear you lemme talk to him.

Him: baby girl don't get involved I will be fine. I promise I don't want nothing to happen to you please don't go .

Me: no August (sniffles) I am coming to get you .

Him: baby no please stay. I'm fi-

I hang the phone up. He's been playing with me for too long. If it's war he wants its war he gets. By any means necessary.

______________________________________________________

What does John want with Kamari?
Is she really going to go by herself ?
How did he get August?
Why doesn't August want KD to come?

Comment & rate. Tell me what you think! 🤔