and the dead rise

frost

As the next few days progressed, Frost tried coaxing Lily into attending her classes, but his efforts were futile. She couldn't even bring herself to talk to him.

          I've frightened her off, he thought. Great. Just when she was beginning to trust me.

          He entered Physics class, catching the eye of Ms Detta and the headmistress, whom had been engaging in a rather interesting conversation before he walked in. He pondered going back out, the way they looked at him now... it was unusual.

         "Frost, come." Ms Detta beckoned him over with just her amber eyes. He hated the way she thought she could do that, thinking she had authority over him when he could tear her head clean off.

          But he did as he was told, looking over at the rows of students. He met with Sunday Stone, who seemed bashful as she turned away, where he realized Skye Blew sat behind her.

          If he didn't know any better, he would've thought she was spacing out.

          I've just put myself in deep water, he internally snarled as he approached the teachers. Once he came to them, Ms Detta smirked, if slightly fondly.

          How strange, she'd never been like this. What happened? Did she hit her head?

         "Lady Jacinda, Felicity," He bowed quickly, making sure to look them accurately in the eyes. He wasn't sure, but the headmistress appeared to be a little on edge. "Is there something you want me to take care of?"

          They exchanged glances.

          "We heard word around the school that a supernatural occurrence is disturbing some of the students." Ms Detta tapped her elbow.

          Frost almost couldn't control himself. They didn't know about Lily's resurrection. They'd both given up hope that she was ever going to return, but now that she had, it wasn't the theory on either their minds. They must've actually thought there was a problem with the revenants or something.

          If everyone in the school had seen or heard about it, how come they had no idea? It didn't make sense (not that anything did these days).

          Frost exhaled.

          "Yes, and I understand their concern. Violet and I discovered that the new girl," He peered at her slyly, gaining interest from both women, but in different ways. "Is a vampire hunter. We have to do something about this, we can't have her in case she might just try to stake me on a limb."

          Jacinda cleared her throat, clasping her hands in front of her groin and scowling.

          "Indeed, she is."

          He gawked. "You knew about this and you didn't tell me?"

         "Think of it as a test. We searched for a perfect match in combat and it turns out the legendary Lightning was browsing for schools. So... we enrolled her here."

          "You mean to tell me you hired her to kill me?" Frost couldn't believe his ears!

          "Of course not." Jacinda raised her hands in defense, but he wasn't going to strike her. "You needed someone to distract you and it came to light that Skye was just the thing."

          He grinded his teeth. Turning to Ms Detta, he noted the seriousness in her expression, but there were no tell-tale signs. She was the least emotive person he knew of, even Violet displayed more than this. And she could be arduous to break sometimes.