lie to me

marisol

As Frost endured hours of restless coma time, Marisol watched as his face showed emotion in a collection of spasms. She toweled his face with a damp cloth and tried to think of the reasons why she didn't like him.

     For one, ever since he enrolled into this school he acted like he was entitled to everything. Bring him a witch was the most recent, back at the time when Violet had been dying from a poisoned dagger flung by no other than his 'soul mate'.

     Lately, though, beginning with the time he healed the twisted ankle he caused, Marisol recognized herself feeling differently.

     Something about him was so spellbinding, so alluring that while he slept, she wanted to run her fingers along his cool flesh. It was so strange, this wasn't like her. She had never been attracted to somebody like this before, someone she hated with every fiber of her being.

     She couldn't stand him – and she wanted to kill him now more than ever.

     His ex-lover, Krista, was back from the grave and she didn't remember him, marking it the perfect opportunity to make sure she didn't. Marisol knew she'd seen him in the forest feeding on a deer, but she didn't speak of identifying him. She had called him a psycho, turning to her new boyfriend, Damon, and his brother, Alec, to reclaim him from the forest.

     Marisol knew she was being selfish, but she didn't feel like Frost was right for her friend. She deserved someone who could love her properly, keep her out of danger and let her lead a normal mundane life.

     I'm just looking out for her, she told herself, so she can finally be where she wants. With friends and people who know what's best for her. It's all I'm trying to do.

     Taking her back into her old, miserable life. Where the only friend she had was the oddly-attractive Elliot and she had no idea she wasn't human.

     It's in her best interests, she mused, agreeing with it as she sighed.

     It was time to recite the spell a witch called Kendra taught her. She needed to channel it, but it was quite hard to do in a room like Frost's. She needed to be familiar with her surroundings and, of course, she'd been in here before but she didn't know the story behind his belongings. Well, nothing but the rose necklace he gave away.

     She wondered if Krista had picked it up when she woke from her slumber underground.

     Discarding it, she saw one of his books lying face-down on the table. Strolling towards it, she read the fine print on the spine.

     The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. She knew he liked to read, it was one thing he and his beloved Krista shared... but it most likely ended there. While she was still within his possession, he didn't know what he had.

     If Krista in any way realized she didn't like him, then Marisol would be waiting. She'd embrace her in her arms and never let her go, unlike this bloody idiot.

     He'd admitted his love for her, but it had been too late. It would be best he just move back to Violet, especially if Krista never regained her memories of him.

     Still, Violet was a loyal friend, she knew that well, but this vampire could be the end of her too. Not just her life (going by the way he handled situations with her whenever she was involved) but her sanity.

     Then she grinned, remembering something.

     Krista had moved onto that Damon boy, it clearly meant she liked him. And if Frost saw them together then he'd be heartbroken, he'd give up on pursuing her and Marisol could find a way to take her back into her original life. She would be happy with Damon and his family.