Fate

Fate is a funny thing. It is unpredictable. Who knew that it could bring so many different people together, who only share one small thing? Maybe they were always destined to meet, or perhaps they had been drawn towards each other by this invisible force.

On that hot afternoon, the shift was over and Lukas and Ayame left the restaurant after a hard day of work. They talked excitedly about the experiences and difficulties they had and how much they had improved since they started working there. The two friends had met each other at the restaurant and, since then, their bond was easy and strong.

They walked peacefully down the same path together, totally unaware where this day would lead them...

On another side of the city, a young man stepped out of the airport with a black bag slung over his shoulder and luggage in hand; he clutched an open letter tightly in his other hand. Coalt had just arrived and he was very tired after the long trip. His mind was also a little confused due to the jet-lag, since his body thought it was early morning when, in fact, it was now late afternoon. He shook his head and hoped to adapt to this change quickly.

Glancing down at the address on the letter, he stepped off the curb and hailed a taxi to take him to the city center. He was getting closer to his destination ...

Around the same time, little Risa was playing in the same park she had gone to yesterday. This time the boys with the cards weren't there, which made the little girl a little sad because she really wanted to learn how to play that game. Regardless, she preferred to spend time there rather than be quiet and alone at her house.

She didn't like being alone, and her mother didn't have time to spend with her, so she looked for friends to hang out with and activities to enjoy...

At this hour, the school activities had been over for a long time, but there were still some students hanging around in the school grounds. Arika left after helping her friend study and she knew she could spend more time at school since she wouldn't train that afternoon with her tutor. She walked slowly, tired after a long day, and thinking about her homework on the way home.

She was so immersed in her thoughts that she wasn't paying attention to where she was going, and the Japanese girl ended up taking the longer way back to her home, but she didn't mind; it was calmer and nicer. Very relaxing...

Another student was leaving the school late that day. Jasmet was part of the student council and they always gathered in the afternoon to do their tasks. She liked the experience, but sometimes it would make her very busy and now it was getting late. She walked quickly through the streets to arrive home as soon as possible, and Jasmet was once again a blurry dot rushing between the others.

The girl didn't want to be too late in arriving home, and she was also trying to avoid the rush hour. All she wanted was to reach the train station before it got too crowded...

Lastly, the elegant Luna left a group of people after a boring conference. Once she was out of the office, she quickly untied her blond hair. She didn't need the serious façade anymore. It was finally Friday and she could forget about her work's problems until the next week. Now she could worry more about herself, and all she wanted was some relaxing time.

She left the busy streets and looked for a calmer place she could spend some time, and suddenly she remembered that there was a nice park around there...

There was a moment when those seven people crossed each other's paths when passing by the park; most of them were walking home, like Ayame, Lukas, and Arika; Jasmet wanted to reach the train station two blocks from there; Risa just wanted to play in the playground till the sun set; Luna was stretching her legs while enjoying an ice cream cone on a bench; and lastly, Coalt left the taxi near the address he was looking for and crossed the park, luggage in tow.