7: Whitney the Nurse

“Take your medications, or I will make you. You know I am prepared to give you your medications, I will not hesitate,” the nurse was holding out the container of pills, but I refused. 

“No, those are what made me loopy in the first place,” I shrugged. 

“You were always loopy.”

I giggled. “You’re pissing me off,” I leaned back in my bed. “Get out.”

She grabbed me by the face with her slim hand, trying to pry my mouth open. I kicked her in the middle of her chest, causing her to fly back and hit her head. She took a moment to get back to her goal, as she was dizzy from hitting her head so hard. 

When she started to approach me again, she stopped, the look of pure confusion on her young face made me laugh. I was sitting back, reading a book with the security guard’s reading glasses, with an ‘I love LA’ mug rested on my stomach. I had cozied in while she had taken all that time to get her mind back.

“Seriously, just try to force me to take those. It won’t be my fault if I break one of your bones,”

“I took jiu jitsu.”

“Congrats, I took jiu jitsu, muay thai, tai kwon do and shaolin kempo.” I flipped the page.

She hesitated. “I know how you fight.”

“Do you?” I raised an eyebrow. I placed the mug on the floor and placed the book on the bed, flinging the reading glasses behind my back. I didn’t need glasses to read.

She backed up as I neared her, I smirked and stood an inch in front of her.

“What is your name?” I asked, relishing the look of fear on her face. 

“W-Whitney,” her eyes were wide, and quite lovely. A dark, brilliant blue. 

“Whitney, what are you doing here? You and I both know those little pills won’t fix me. So why bother? Because it is your job? Your job is not to force me to take something that makes people crazier than they actually are. Makes things difficult, okay?”

She nodded, her brown curls bouncing with each nod. I smirked. I turned to walk away, but my leg was pulled back and I landed on my cheek. I groaned.

“Whitney, you are messing with a girl you do not want to mess with!” I stood up, cracking my knuckles, but I couldn’t find her. I frowned. I fell once again, a hand pulling me down. She was under the bed this time. I growled.

“I’m not a weakling!” she growled while I pulled her out from underneath the bed, I flipped her on it and grabbed her throat.

“Stop it,” I growled. “Stop and I’ll stop as well.”

She stopped struggling, so I pulled my hand away and fixed my hair. When I straightened my back and looked out to the other cells, I saw Jack staring at me, snickering, arms crossed. I flipped him off. “Fucker,” I muttered angrily. He started laughing even harder and laid down on his bed. I rolled my eyes and turned to Whitney.

“You have spirit,” I smirked.

“Yes, I do.” 

“You should work for us.”

“What?” her eyes widened, she stood up in confusion. “I’ll get shot at or go to jail!”

I laughed, sitting next to her. “There are many jobs you could take. The field has three divisions. First division is the strength division. Second division is the stealth division. Third division is the distraction division. The warehouse also has three divisions. First division is in control of the cameras, they are the lookout without having to get in the way of the crossfire. Second division is in control of making new weapons or new poisons, chemicals, anything. Third division are people skilled in long range weapons. Then there are the nurses, we have two doctors, and we have a couple people in different departments all over Gotham that give us information. You don’t have to get shot at.”

She was processing the information. “Distraction division?”

“Meaning all the narcissistic people who delay help from jumping in. For instance, Trisha is our top distraction, she knows how to be sexy so she usually stops anyone from figuring out our plans until we’re almost finished with them.”

“Uh. . . . I don’t want to be a nurse, though. I would take the second warehouse division. I mean, of course, if I wanted to do this, which I don’t!” she laughed nervously, but I could tell she was lying.

“Look, I don’t normally recruit. My husband is in charge of the recruits. But you, I like you. You’re fun.” I smirked. “I’ve trained so hard in the last several years that anyone who takes me down is super cool.”

She thought hard for a moment. “What are my benefits?”

“Well, everyone gets free checkups, and you get ten percent more pay each time you make something new or discover something new. Also, if the cops find out that you’re working under us, you could lie and say you were forced to. All the nurses and doctors are forced, anyways.”

“The nurses and doctors live in your home?”

“Our warehouse and home have the henchmen. The special henchmen live in our home. The rest live in the warehouse. Trisha is not only a great distraction, she’s also a good designer so she’s made the inside of the warehouse look lovely, so don’t mind that place. No rats or anything.”

She was silent for a moment. “Okay. If you get out.”

I laughed loudly. “Sweetheart, we have had a plan to get out since we first stepped in here.”

She was stunned. “Then why haven’t you broken out yet?”

“We’re relaxing,” I thought about Kellen and suddenly felt sick. I didn’t feel well when I wasn’t watching him, but it was just a little vacation, and I’d see him soon. Jack and I needed time to get back to normal.

She nodded, hesitating. “Alright. Just call me when you are going to escape.”

“Don’t you have that assistant named Harley Quinn?”

I turned to her. “She was Joker’s assistant.”

“What happened to her?”

I laughed lightly. “You don’t want to know.” I spoke, climbing out of the crevice at the top of my cell. She was in shock.

“H-how did you- that glass is impossible to- but-“

“Almost impossible. Joker dear, let’s go eat!”

“Coming, darling!”

I laughed hand in hand with the Joker as I told him about our darling new accomplis.