15: Taken by The Bat

~*~Evangeline's point of view~*~

Darkness surrounded me, striking a deep fear inside of my heart, but not fear for myself. Fear for Kellen, who cried and hid his face in my coat.

We were entering the mall when we were pulled into the Batmobile. Thank God I was holding Kellen in a way that prevented injury. We sat into the backseat in fear as Batman looked at me, stunned to see I had a baby in my arms.

"Whose baby did you steal?" he growled.

"No one's," I gasped. "This is my baby. . ."

He frowned, angrily slamming his fist upon the steering wheel. "You had a baby with The Joker. . . ." he muttered under his breath, driving away. The windows were tinted, I could not see where we were going, and I was more concerned on helping Kellen calm down as he flailed in my arms.

I knew that Jack would find us. We just had to be patient. I had no way of getting out, since I had to protect Kellen, and I didn't know if Batman would use force to make us stay where we were.

I know he didn't mean to hold a baby hostage. He had no clue we had a child. He was probably feeling bad about this, so I knew if I cooperated with him, he'd treat us nicely.

That was my thought as I sat in the very dark room. I groaned.

"Please turn on the light so I can see if my baby is okay."

The lights immediately turned on, I adjusted Kellen so he was looking at me.

"It's okay," I murmured to him, gently holding his face. He relaxed. He was a smart baby, he understood me, and gently rested his face against my chest.

Kellen's soft little hand situated itself on my upper chest, I gently stroked it and smiled widely. It was so soft.

The door flung open and The Joker walked in.

"Seriously, Bats?" he snickered, eyes sharp with wicked anger. "You took my child and his mother?"

Batman walked out. "I wasn't going to hurt them."

"Yeah, you were gonna hurt me instead."

"You're delusional if you don't think you need to be punished!" Batman growled.

"And I'd be crazier if I did think so."

"Can I go home?" I spoke up, wanting dearly to put Kellen in his crib and have Gwen and Gadget watch him. I did not want him to be around Jack and Batman at the moment.

"Yes." Batman spoke, then, a boy in red and green walked out with an R on his chest. I hadn't met him before, this was my first time meeting him.

"I'll take her," he spoke, I followed him and we got into a smaller version of the Batmobile. He started to drive.

"You're old enough to drive?" I asked, surprised.

"I'm eighteen," he spoke, I could tell he was slightly offended, so I held in a giggle. "Are you too old to drive?"

I frowned. "I'm in my mid twenties, you butthole."

He chuckled, then parked awfully rough. 

"Jesus, man, I have a baby, cool it with the parking," I got out of the car and slammed the door. Little jerk deserved a messed up door. 

He had dropped me off at a city bank, which made me laugh. They still didn't know where we lived? Funny!

I dropped Kellen off at my home, and then went to find Joker. I wasn't letting him fight Batman alone.