Eli's Past

Eli ran up the stairs quietly. She entered her room and shut the door. "What's going on" Abby asked, seeing the horrified look on her face. "Nothing's wrong Abby. Let's play hide and seek. You hide first" Eli said and forced a smile. "Okay" Abby shrugged. Eli leaned against her bed and started counting as Abby ran into the closet. Eli heard the door to her room open and she turned around to see her adoptive parents. "Eli come here" her father said gently. Eli did as told and walked over. Her father leaned down and moved her hair before sinking his fangs into her. Eli only hoped that Abby would realize what was happening and leave, she knew there was no hope for herself. Eli's body fell to the floor and her parents exited to find Abby. Abby ran out of the closet and sunk to her knees. She grabbed Eli's hand and rocked back and forth. "Please, please, please" she repeated. She saw the fang marks on Eli close. Abby, with little energy, ran to the door and exited, only to be met by her parents. Her mother sunk her fangs into her.

Eli woke up with a start. She got out of bed, sweaty and more tired then she was when she went to sleep. She looked out the small window and saw the sun just going down. She shook her head and changed clothes. She exited her room with her gym bag in hand, needing to let off steam. She had tears in her face as she ran outside, she ran until she hit something, she wouldn't have stumbled if she hadn't been crying, and she fell backwards onto the ground. She was breathing hard as she looked up. When she looked up she saw someone that she hoped would never see her like this. "Dimitri" she mumbled and looked back down. Dimitri took her arm and helped her up. "It's still happening" he asked and she nodded her head. Dimitri always thought highly of Eli, she was the best in her class after all.  "Dry your face, there's someone I want you to meet" Dimitri said as he led Eli to the gym, where she had been headed anyways. When she opened the door, she saw her new Moroi.