Dances In The Moonlight

"So has he asked you" Lissa asked excitedly. "You think Christian is going to ask me to the dance? Like that would ever happen" Eli said. She looked down. "Maybe he likes girly girls" Rose said with a shrug. "Rose" Lissa said. "It's probably true" Eli said with a shrug. "The two of you are so pretty, Lissa you're girly and guys like you. Rose you aren't that girly but you're still feminine and do girly flirty things. I'm one of the guys" Eli said. "Do you want us to help you be more girly" Lissa asked a bit confused. Eli grinned. "Yes" she said. Rose and Lissa had their work cut out for them.

"Are you ready to go" Dimitri asked. Rose, Lissa, and Eli looked at each other before nodding. Dimitri convinced Headmistress Kirova to let Eli and Rose try their hand at being guardians, and to do that they needed a Moroi, Lissa. They were going to the mall, something that would be normal enough. Eli hadn't spoke to Christian since the incident and that was a week ago. She only watched him, making sure nothing attacked. If he spoke to her she would nod or shake her head.

After a long car ride they were finally at the mall. The three girls walked in, the guardians behind them. "So we are getting you a new wardrobe right" Lissa asked. "Yup I've got my credit card right here" Eli said and patted her pocket. "First off, does he ever come in your room, like is there any reason to get you some cute pajamas" Lissa asked. "Well the only time he has was after the accident but he's been asking if we can hang out again" Eli answered. "Why haven't you" Rose asked. "Everything's been a little confusing" Eli answered as they got to the clothing store. She walked around, Dimitri and the other guardian stayed outside of the store, which was good so no one caught on to what they were doing.

Hours later the girls came back to Saint Vladimir's, Eli had several bags, all that Lissa claimed were hers, or else it would look like Rose and Eli were having fun and not taking it seriously. The girls went to Eli's room. Eli started going through the clothes, and hanging them up. She got out the make up she purchased. "Can one of you show me how to use this" she asked.

An hour later it was lights out and Eli knew how to put on make up and do her hair. "Thank you both so much" she told Lissa and Rose. They both went to their own rooms, wondering if Eli realized that they were trying to get her to see that this wasn't her.

Eli woke up earlier than she normally did. She put on make up and curled her hair. She pulled out her uniform, she used to demand that she be allowed to wear the pants that the guys wore, but not anymore. She was going to wear the skirt. She put on her clothes and then her shoes. It was a weird feeling to her, not wearing pants and not just rolling out of bed and going to the gym. She put her clothes for work outs in her new backpack, it was a peach color. She heard a knock on her door. She grabbed her bag and put it on before opening the door. "Oh. Hi Christian" she said with a smile. He raised his eyebrow. "Who are you" he asked. "It's me, Eli" she said trying to keep her smile. Christian was slightly confused. "I wanted to see if you wanted to walk to class. I feel like you've been awkward since after what happened and- I'm sorry is this some kind of joke" he asked and started laughing. "What are you talking about" Eli asked. "This, look you're wearing a skirt, you have on make up, you curled your hair" Christian said. "You don't like it" she asked, looking up at him. She hated being shorter than him in that moment. She couldn't stare him down. "It's not you" he said. "Y-yes it is. I like the skirt and I like wearing make up" she said. "Now if you'll excuse me I have to get to class" she said. She moved past him and shut and locked her door. She started walking away, leaving him more confused than he was when he first saw her. Eli sat by a few of the Morois during her classes that she had with them. "Hey" she said with a flirty smile to one of them. "Woah, I don't remember seeing you before" he said. "Well you see me now, so it looks like it's your lucky day" she said with a smile. She saw Christian in the seat behind her. "What's your name" the guy asked. "Elizabeth" she answered with a smile. "I'm Charley" the guy said. "Well Charley, do you happen to like fun" she asked with a smile she saw his eyes dart to her neck, where he saw the scars. "You're that girl that Dawson got his fangs caught on, no thanks, I'm not into blood whores" he said. She saw Christian tense up from the corner of her eyes. "Oh I assure you I'm not a blood whore" she said and batted her eyelashes. "They took advantage of me, I don't think they should've done that, do you" she asked and bit her lip. "N-no. They shouldn't have. You should stay with me. I'll make sure that doesn't happen again" he said. She gave him a smile. "Oh you're so sweet. I don't know how I'll ever repay you" she said.

The day was over and Eli, who now preferred to be called Elizabeth, was sitting with Charley in the moon light. They say on a bench together. Charley pulled her head towards him and went to kiss her, she let him. It was her first kiss and she felt nothing, absolutely nothing. "Let's go somewhere else" he said and took her hand.

Christian sat in the chair in the church where no one else ever came. He heard someone coming up the stairs. "Shh" he heard someone say. "Alright just open the door" he heard a voice, Eli's voice. He quickly hid behind a shelf of books. The door opened and he watched the scene unfold, Eli came in with Charley and he sat in a chair, she sat in his lap. They made out and he slid his hand up her shirt, taking it off and started messing with her bra, at which point she pulled away. "I don't know if I'm comfortable with this" she said. "Come on you said you were into fun" he said. "I changed my mind" she said and got out of his lap. "Listen you little tease" he said and slammed his hand against a table. "You heard her she changed her mind" Christian said. "What are you doing here" Eli asked and scrambled to put her shirt back on. "I was sitting here until the two of you came up" he said. Charley rolled his eyes. "Whatever, I'm going to find someone who isn't such a tease" he said and shoved Eli out of the way. "Eli, what's happened to you" Christian asked. "My name is Elizabeth" she said. "And I don't know what you mean. Is it wrong for me to act like other girls" she asked. "I defended you but I'm starting to think you might actually be a blood whore" he said. Those were the words that made her furious. "I'm not-" she started. "Prove it" Christian interrupted. She stormed out of the church and went straight to her room. She started crying as she went in. The first thing she did was start wiping the make up off her face. She pulled the clothes she had got from out of the closet and threw them against the wall. She grabbed a pair of scissors and reached up to her hair, pulling it together and cutting it, short. She found the razor she used to shave her legs and figured it would have to do. She shaved half of her head and cleaned up the other half. She looked at the mess in her room. She was emotionally exhausted.

Meanwhile Christian searched for Rose and Lissa. He found the two giggling with each other. "What did you two do to her" he shouted. "Who" Lissa asked. "Eli. She was all girly and giggly and it was sickening. She almost got herself into some real trouble today" Christian said. "We wanted her to see that what she was doing wasn't her. She asked us to make her girly. It's not her and we thought she would realize it" Rose said. "I called her a blood whore" Christian said and looked down. "You did what" Rose asked. That term was extremely offensive. "Let's give her a day to cool down" Lissa said to Rose. "She wanted you to ask her to the dance and she got the idea from someone" Lissa glanced at Rose. "That if she were girly than you would ask her" Lissa said. Christian raised an eyebrow. "I thought she found them just as stupid as I do" he said. "That's why I didn't bother to ask her" Christian said and sighed. "Let's just all keep our distance and let her cool down" Lissa said.