i| empty

White. The colour of cleanliness and purity.

White. The colour of these bedsheets and curtains.

White. The colour of these walls. The same walls that have kept Jimin safe from the rest of the world. The walls that separated him.

But, these walls could also be metaphoric, or inexistent. These walls could be ones that Jimin used to separate his mind from reality, or himself from everyone else.

In truth, these four walls that made his room were white. They kept inside a bed and a bedside table, a dresser and a sofa. Nothing more, nothing less.

Jimin sat alone in his bed, pale and thin hands clasped together on the white sheets. He stared at his hands; the structure of his bones and the way his skin covered them. How his veins looked only the palest of greens underneath his layer of skin, so frail and delicate.

Wind gently whirled around the thin curtains, making them dance and flutter away from the window even though they stayed attached  to the steel pole above the window by steel rings. Sunlight filtered in through the only window, highlighting the tiny specks of dust that floated around in the air. The breeze was cool, and it caused the hair on Jimin's arms to stand on end; he didn't like the cold.

The only thing that stood out in this alabaster room was Jimin himself, alive against the pristine, light colours of his room. Although, alive was what he was, it was not what he felt. He felt dead, empty, numb.

Nothing. He felt nothing.

Silence was nothing new to him as he focused his earthen coloured eyes on the wall in front of him, bare of any decoration but the naturally occurring cracks and dried up drips of paint he was trying to find. The walls around him were his only friends, it seemed like, because they were the only things that kept him safe, as static and immobile as they were.

He wanted colour, and he longed for change, but he couldn't do anything. He could barely move, attached to an IV that kept him going. All of the medicine was injected straight into his body through his veins that looked like branches from trees. Pretty colours of greens and sometimes purples under his pale, ivory skin.

Sometimes, the more he thought about it, the lonelier he felt. The more he thought about it, the more he wanted to see other colours and shades. Yet, he couldn't.

He was alone in the room. He was his own company and white was his favourite colour.

White - one of the only colours Jimin sees.

-
ADD MY SNAPCHAT !! @julch3nn

follow me on Instagram too~~ @skullsins