Prologue

Once there was a kind Prince who was loved by everyone. He was the only child of the King and Queen of Middle Kingdom. He led the army against the Dark Side and won. Clyde was a kind prince.

After the war, he got rid of the spell that put his parents into deep sleep. Tinulungan niya ang Middle Village na makabangon muli. Niligtas ang mga naapektuhan ng pagsabog sa Dark Forest. He was a kind prince.

Ngunit nang matapos na ang lahat, when everything is finally going back to normal, he left. He left the School of Light, he left Middle Castle, and he left the Middle Kingdom. He didn't look back. He cannot continue living in a place where everything reminds him of them. He carries the burden of their deaths. He blames himself for the death of his cousin and his friends. He...he can't move on. He won't move on. When he closes his eyes all he can see are the memories of Jude... and Star... and his best friend, Sky. When he tries to sleep, his nightmares are all about her.

Her. All he ever wanted was to protect her. Scarlet.

How can he become King when he can't even protect those that are dearest to him? How can he protect the whole kingdom when he can't even save her? He doesn't deserve the throne. He's not the prince everyone looked up to anymore.

He left Middle Kingdom and chose to live there... sa Dark Forest. Dalawang taon na ang nakakalipas at sa dalawang taon na 'yon ay wala siyang ibang ginawa kung 'di patayin and kahit sinong Dark Side na makasalubong niya. Hangga't maari ay uubusin niya ang mga ito.

But what he doesn't know is that hundreds of kilometers away from the Dark Forest is a girl, locked away in a small castle in the middle of a snowy forest. Her golden hair is now as dark as the night sky. Her skin is now as white as snow. Her lips are now as red as a rose. Nobody will recognize her not unless you look closer...not unless you look at her eyes. Kulay lila. Violet.

She doesn't remember her life before living in the small castle. She doesn't remember who her parents were. She doesn't remember where she came from. All she remembers is her name.

And her name is Alice.