chapter 8

ryder sighs, and crosses the room and sits next to me on the bed. "abbey, dont cry. i have something to give you" he says in a genrelly kind voice. i sniffle and wipe the tears from my face, turning sideways to look at him. in his outstretched hand lay a neclace, and 4 small charms dangling on the end. one was a small shell, the second was a ponamu carving, identical to the one i had as a child. the third was a small, silver ancor, and the fourth was also a small silver pendant. except this one looked alot like thors hammer. "w-why?" i stammer. "because i feel sorry for you, and know what position your in. i too, am a victim to ross's blackmail. he threatened to kill my sister. she is the only person i had in the whole world back home in denmark." he says sadly. "your from denmark?" i question. "yes, i am. born and raises. we are both of viking blood, abbey. my sister, she was only 12 at the time when ross got his hands on me. he knew that i was trained to fight, and that im a beast in the ring. so he took me, and promised not to kill my sister. as far as i know, he hasnt killed her, so he does keep his promises" ryder says with longing in his eyes. "im s-sorry to hear that" i say. "its ok. im sorry about your situation to" he says with a caring smile. "wait.. im so confused.. how old are you?" i ask. "well, im only 24. but im not from here" hee says, hiding something. "i know. you allready told me your from denmark." "no. what i mean is, i was born during the iron age. im centuries old" he says, trying to explain things. "wait wait wait, so your from prehistoric denmark!?" i say excitedly. "yes, i am. now let me explain the neclace to you, silly" he says chuckling and scooting closer to  me. "fineee. explain the neclace" i say, giggling. "well. i know more about you then you think. the shell, is from matauri bay in new zealand. a place i know is very special to you. the ponaumu carving is the one from your childhood. it took me 2 years to find it for you. i eventially found it at one of your exboyfriends house. it was under his pillow. wiered right?" he says chuckling. i chuckle back, but know exactly who's house it was at. my ex kaleb. he was a stalker, seriously scary. i was desperate, and he was a rebound guy. nothing special . he must of taken it from me when i stayed over at his for the night. "how did you get it back!?" i ask, still stunned tha he had found it. "i had to sneak into his house when he was at school" ryder says looking embarresed. "anyway. this anchor is from a great viking warrior that faught against the irish in one of their great raids. he died in battle, dont get this wrong. i didnt kill him. i took some possesions to give to his family. but i kept the anchor charm that he wore around his neck. its a symbol of the ocean. for the love of the sea i know you are so passionate about. and thor's hammer. you know the story of thor right? the old norsk god that symbolised thunder, lightning and storms. ive notices that you are quite like him, or the way he is steriotyped. you have blond hair. you both get angry rarely, but when you do, its the scariest thing ever seen. you are both great warriors, and you both have amazing leadership qualities. i know that you have these qualities. i can see it in your eyes. thors hammer is a symbol of well, being a great warrior." he says, blushing again. who could of tkown he was so.. sweet? "but.. how do you know all these things about me? and why could you do this for someone you have never met?" i ask shyly."i did it because i knew what ross had planned for you. i knew he was going to use blackmail, and that he would try his hardest to break you. so i used the time machine to get you these things. i traveled around the world to get these, because i knew once ross takes all of us back, it will be just us 2 as friends left to fend for ourselves. i spent 5 years going back to important parts of your lives and observing from a distance. i know that sounds really creepy, but i did it because its pretty much just us vikings against the world" he says with a smile."i dont know what to say ryder. i thought you were some douch bag like ross. boy was i wrong. thank you so much!" i say quietly, giving hum a hug. my actions suprised him, but after a few seconds, he recovered and hugged me back "im so glad your not a pycopath like ross. i was honestly scared of you when you first entered the door. then i hated you, but now your a friend. its been an eventful day" i say playfully. "oh abbey, be scared. be very scared" ryder says with a smirk. he launches himself at me and tickles me. i squeal and laugh. i hadnt laughed like since i was only 16. its been a while. suddenly the door bursts open and iin walks ross with someone in his arms "stop flirting with each other. i swear to god if you want to keep your sisters life you wil keep your hands of my queen, ryder. she is MINE. and abbey, i got a little friend for you. i know you 2 are really close, so i decided for your sake, to bring her with us get ready, were leaving in half an hour" ross says harshly before exiting the room, slamming the door closed once again. i get up and walk over to the petite, brunette girl cowering in the corner. she looks up at me, scared. he facial expressions completely change when she see's me. "ABBEY!" she yells, launching herself at me. "oh my god.. molly!" i say happily.