Prolouge

Ruby Owen.

Ruby the most beautiful girl I had ever lay my eyes on.

Actually, the most beautiful thing on this planet, in my eyes.

I feel stupid looking back on the years I had known her before everything happened. I had only spoken to the girl I had the hugest crush on for 5 years of my life one time. She moved in across the street when I was 10 years old. My mom dragged me out to go meet the new neighbors, and with much remorse, I went with her.

It was a cloudy day in spring and I could feel it start to sprinkle, but the Utah air was warm and humid.

We knocked on the door and gave some cookies to Ms.Owens, and before we were about to leave- I saw her. She peered around the corner of her kitchen, and her deep green eyes met mine. She gave a small wave and smile. Being the immature, nervous 10 year old I was, I froze. I swear my heart completely stopped beating.

She had the most gorgeous, long, curly, red hair I had ever seen. Her face was dotted with freckles and a dimple showed on her right cheek when she smiled a mouth full of perfectly straight, pearly white, teeth at me. I still remember the little lacy white dress she wore, paired with black converse.

My mom started to introduce me to Ms. Owen, and had to thwack me on the back of the head to snap me out of my trance. After telling her my name was Austin, and that I was 10 years old, Ms. Owen introduced me and my mother to Ruby. She told us her name and that she was also 10, but was going to be home schooled up until middle school.

"Hi." I said, extremely shyly.
My mom was instantly amazed by her beautiful red hair, (well let's be honest, who wouldn't be?) and Ruby blushed a rosy pink as my mom complimented her.

We waved goodbye and I walked back home with my mom, completely love struck.

That day, was the day I fell in love with Ruby Owen.

And today is the day I'm going to tell you that story.

AUTHORS NOTE : Hey thanks so much for reading! If you vote on my chapters, I'll make sure to follow you and read whatever you have published as well! If you have any suggestions on my story let me know! I'm new to this so there's always room for improvement :) THANK YOU