Art

Me and Jonah walked into the foyer and met up with Zayn.

"Long time no see!" He said, shaking my hand and Jonah's as well.

"Yah we haven't seen you since you left for Florida 3 weeks ago! Oh How was that?" I said, happy to see my friend again.

"Yah it was awesome! What did you guys do here without me?" He asked

"Nothing really. The last weeks of summer were pretty boring honestly." Jonah stated truthfully.

I was about to say something about how bored we've been for past couple of weeks, when Zayn interrupted my thought.

"Woah who's that?" He said, eyes widening a little as the new girl walked out of the hallway into the foyer near where we were sitting.

"I'd wipe those Google eyes off your face right now if I were you Zayn, before Austin slaps them off." Jonah said while laughing.

Yep, Zayn was staring right at Ruby.

"Don't tell me, it's that Ruby chick you guys are always talking about isn't it," He says "I didn't think she was a real person."

"She's real alright." I say, I rest my chin on my hand and stare at her like I've just been shot by Cupid or something.

"Well you've got good taste. But your still a freak. Quit doing that heart eyes thing your embarrassing me." Says Zayn.

He's that type of friend

The three of us all laugh and the bell rings, meaning class begins in 5 minutes, and we all rush to our first classes of the day.

*******************

Through out science, health, and history, all I could think about was her. I know it sounds stupid. But there's just something different with her, and I can't get it out of my brain.

Jonah, Zayn, and I all grab our lunches and head outside to eat where we usually do under the oak tree.

We talk in more detail about what we did over the summer while Zayn was gone and he tells us about his Florida trip.

The bell rings, and we make plans to hang out at my house after school.

I walk to my last class of the day, young masters (An advanced art class). I've always loved art, and my parents always told me I had natural talent. But I never really compared myself to other people.

I really like drawing nature and I've won a lot of awards drawing things like flowers and trees and sun sets, and it's kind of a dream of mine to have a career in it.

But Zayn and Jonah are always making fun of me for it. I just ignore them. I was ecstatic when I found out I made it into young masters.

I walk in and find my name and the seating chart, and I go to the back of the room where I'm seated.

Our teacher explains about the class and all the things we'll be doing this year, and to begin our class he says we will be going around, saying our name and what we like to draw.

Of coarse, I'm very first.

I stand up nervously biting my lip.
"Hi, I'm Austin, and I like to draw nature." I say with shrug.

As I'm about to sit down I see a glimpse of red hair from the corner of my eye, and I almost fall back wards when I hurriedly shoot myself back into my chair.

I hear a couple kids snicker with the sight of me, and I just put my head down and stare at my hands until I feel like nobody's staring at me anymore.

I half-listen to every ones names and what they like to draw, until I hear a familiar voice and I look up. Of coarse, I see her. Ruby.

"Hi I'm Ruby, I'm new to the school, and I love to draw nature." She says, fiddling with her fingers behind her back nervously. I smile, then she turns around, looks me right in the eyes, and smiles too.

How is it that's she's the only girl I've known that can make butterflies erupt in my stomach with just a one second look?

My mind races and wipe my forehead with the back of my arm and cool myself down.

For our beginning project, were supposed to draw our best portrait of our favorite thing, in 3 minutes.

'I wish I could draw Ruby'

'No, cut it out , Zayn's right, you are a freak.' I tell myself in my head

I star to draw a 3 minute picture of a sunset, I've always been good at those. And I've always loved sunsets.

The timer rings and we're told to bring our drawings up to the turn in basket. I find myself standing right next to Ruby, while we wait for the crowd to clear out so we can run in our assignments.

"Woah, that's incredible!" She says, referring to my drawing.

"Oh, thanks! Wow yours is way good too!" I say, looking down at her drawing, which is also a sunset.

"Haha, we really are twins," she says, Holding her drawing up to mine, "I've always loved sunsets."

"Guess so, and same!" I say, scratching my head nervously.

I put my drawing in the basket, and she does the same, and we both walk back to our seats.

I think I'm really gonna like this class.