Movie night pt. 1

>>>RUBY'S POV<<<

The rest of the week dragged out and felt like an eternity. Mostly because I was really anticipating Friday night. Me and Austin talked a lot on the bus and we grew closer every day. I started eating lunch with him, Zayn, and Jonah. We talked and I got to know them all a lot better. I think it's safe to say I officially have real friends! This is an exciting event for me!

Finally Friday came, and me and Austin talked on the bus about tonight. We walked with Jonah to meet up with Zayn in the foyer like we have every other day this week. We talked and joked around until class was about to start, and I ran all the way to class and was almost late.

I walked outside with Austin and we joined the other two under the oak tree and ate our lunches. I really like eating lunch with them a lot better than by myself in the cafeteria like I used to do.

Me and Austin walk to last period together (art), and he teasingly pulls at my side braids the whole walk there. I can feel myself blushing. We walk into art and I sit down in my seat near the front. I continue to work on the oil pastel rose I've been working on.

"That's incredible!" Alex says, startling me.

"Oh, thanks." I say shyly. I wasn't great at excepting compliments.

He continues his walk to the front of the room to ask the teacher some question.
I can't help but admire his features. His beautiful green eyes, amazing jaw line, long brown hair. I quickly shake the thought off and continue my drawing.

After school, I walk home from the bus stop with Jonah and Austin, "So do you guys want to come over around 7:00?" He asks

"Yah that sounds great!" I respond excitedly. I wave the two of them goodbye and I scurry up my porch and walk inside.

My mom isn't here, as usual. I walk into my room and crack open one of my favorite books and read for about an hour. I decide I probably should change out of my dress. I slide on a pair of black leggings I find buried In my closet. I wear a light blue t-shirt over that.

I fix up on my hair and makeup and sit in my room and listen to music for a long time as well.

Once it's 6:55, I decide I should walk over. I walk across the street, the sun is setting sooner now that fall is drawing to a close. and I stop in the middle of the street to admire the colorful sky. I am quickly lost in thought

Someone shouting my name is what wakes me back up from my trance.

"Ruby!" Yells Austin from across the street, "what are you doing?"

"Oh, nothing!" I say with a smile, and I quickly trot the rest of the way across the street to his door step.

"Wow, now I know why you stopped." He says, admiring the cotton candy sky.

"Yah," I say, look up at the gorgeous sky once again, "it's beautiful."

"Just like someone I know." He says, looking down at me longingly.

I just smile. And I try to hide my reddening face.

I walk in and slip off my flats by the door.

"Oh hey Ruby!" Jonah says to me.

"Hi guys." I say as I wave to him and Zayn.

"Wow, this is the first time I've seen you in something other than a dress." Zayn says, looking me up and down.

We all four laugh a little and Austin invites me to sit on the couch. Zayn and Jonah sit comfortably in front of me on a giant bean bag. They have a large bowl of popcorn in between them.

After Austin puts the movie in, he grabs the remote that's next to me and presses play. He then sits right next to me on the small couch.

I watch the movie intently , I'm very intrigued by it. During the Katniss and Peeta love scene, I feel Austin look over at me several times. But I continue to watch the movie.

After the first ones over, Austin puts the second one in. But before he sits down, Jonah pulls at his shirt causing him to fall onto the bean bag. Jonah whispers something in Austin's ear.

"I don't think I should." I think I hear Austin say in response to whatever Jonah whispered to him. He whispers another thing and I think I hear Austin say- "fine, I'll try."

The move starts, and this time, Austin sits much closer to me than he was previously. I could feel the tension between us.