Chapter 3

Brittany's(P.O.V)

When we walked out . I was so shocked . I seen my mom clean for once in my life . She had her slicked back into a pony tail . She had on a tight fit tan skirt that came down to her knees and a shirt to match . It brought tears to my eyes .

"How do i look" she said saying a full sentence . "You look great where are you going ?" "On a job interview for this Assistance for a record company " "Thats good" "I know i havent been the best mother and grand mother . But i wanna change . Ion want Samya to grow up like me . I think its time for a change " she said . "You've always been a good mom . You always kept food in the fridge and clothes on back . It wasn't nothing but top ramen but it was something i didn't have name brand clothes but i had clothes . You are a good mom , just things you did weren't great" "Thank you honey" "Your welcome " "Come give me a hug" she said motioning for me to give her a hug . I walked over to her , she squeezed me . "I love you Brittany" "I love you too mom" we let go .

She looked at Samya "Come give Granny a hug" she walked over to her . "Granny loves you" "I love you too" "You wanna go eat with us ?" I asked her . "I cant my interview is in a hour " "Okay . Well see you when i get home " "Okay . See yall . Maybe i'll cook" "Okay . Bye mom" i said with a big smile . I turned and looked back at her before i closed the door .

It was starting off as a good day . I buckled Samya in her car seat . I got in my seat . I looked at my phone . 6:50am . We had a lot of time .

We were gonna go to M&Ms restaurant .

***

I drove 20 minuets to get to the restaurant . "C'mon get out" i told Samya . She unbuckled her self then got out .

We walked in . "Welcome to M&Ms is it just gonna be you & this cutie ?" She said pinching Samya's cheeks . "Yes mam and thank you " "Your welcome . Right this way" she sat us at the table in the middle . "Do you want a buster for her ?" "Yes please" "Okay give me a moment " she walked away . She came back with a black leather booster . She sat on leather chair and helped Samya sit on it . "Thank you" "No problem . Someone will be with you in a moment " "Okay"

"Mya look at your menu first" "Okay . Mom" she said rolling her eyes . "Roll your eyes one more time and imma roll em for ya" she didnt say anything . "I thought so"

"Hi im Toya i will be your waitress for today can i start you off woth something to drink ?" i looked up and saw this chocolate woman with a dark brow curly hair . "Yes i would like a orange juice " "And for you young lady" she said looking at Samya . "I want Orange Juice " "What do you say?" I looked at her sternly . "Please" "Okay . I'll be back with your drinks" she walked away .

"Do you know what you want ?" I asked her . "I want pancakes , eggs , and bacon " "Okay" i scanned my menu . I think i wanted the waffle special . "Which was waffles , biscuit , hash brown , and sausage . She came back with our drinks .

"Are you ladies ready to order ?" "Yes she would like the pancake kids special . And i would like the adult waffle special . Please" "Okay . So she wants the kids pancake special and you want the adult waffle special ?" "Yes mam" "Okay" she walked away .

*30 minuets later*

Toya came and gave us our bill . I opened it . 28.59 dollars . Not bad . I left a 5.00 dollar tip for Toya . I put my money in the folder pocket . I grabbed my purse and walked out . I helped Samya in her carseat . Then walked to my side . I looked at my phone once again . 7:36 am . Oh lord i need to hurry up .

I turned on the radio .

***

I walked Samya into daycare . "I love you sweetie see you later " "I love you too" she kissed my lips . I love my daughter ion know what i would do with out her .

I rushed to my car . I have 15 minuets to get to school . I drove a little over the speed limit . I did not want to be late . I would love to graduate this year .

I made a right another right a 2 lefts and another right till i got to school . I looked at my phone . 8:15 i have 5 minuets till the bell . I went to my locker . I opened it . I grabbed what i needed and closed it , as soon ass i was about to turn around someone touched me .

"BOO" they said . I jumped . I turned around . As soon as i saw who it was i rolled my eyes . "What do you want ?" I asked . "I wanted to give this to you " Joseph handed me a King Size Kit Kat . My favorite candy . "What for" i scrunched my face up . "Cause i saw Kit Kat and thought of you i knew it was your favorite candy " "Aww you remembered " i said sarcastically and rolling my eyes . "Yea i did remember . So here" i took it out his hand and put it in my purse . "Can i get a thank you ?" "Thank you for being such an ass and taking ma virginty then never talking to me again . THEN getting me pregnant and not coming to see your daughter . And then having the nerve to bring ma favorite candy and thinking everything was gonna be fine and dandy . Thank you so much" i started to walk away , cause i was gonna began to cry .

Im a very emotional person but im not scary either . He pulled me back .

"Brit im sorry for all i put yo through . But i came to make up for that time " "Joseph that you missed out on 3 years . You cant just pop up and expect me to forgive you" "I know im gonna try to get you and ma daughter back " "Bye" i walked away . The bell rung . "Damn" i whispered to myself . I walked in class .

"Ms . Collins your late" "I know im sorry -" she cut me off . "Just take a seat" i went and sat in my seat .

**

The whole first period i didn't really care . My teacher had a slight attitude with me cause i was late . In second period it was whatever . It was funny though .

I was walking with Taj to the bleachers .

"Aye hook me up wit Amber" he said whispering . "Hook yo self up" "Naw . I want you to do it" "Boy no" "C'mon why ?" "Here she come imma act like you didn't ask me that" "Whatever" "Hey Brit hey big head" he said to us and mushing Taj in the face . I laughed .

"Why you wasnt in first period ?" I asked Amber . "I over slept" "Whatever" "What i was" she said smiling . We sat down on the bleachers .

"Oh yall guess what" "What" they said at the same time . "This morning me and Mya walked out our room and guess what we saw for the first time " "A naked man" Taj said trying to be funny . "Nigga i seen a man naked before . But ANYWAYS" i said rolling my eyes . "I saw my momma clean" "Oh ma gosh" Amber said . "For real" Taj said . "Yea she had her hair slicked back and going on a job interview and stuff" "Thats good" Amber said . "So do dat mean she available ?" Taj said . "Nigga no thats my momma" "She is finee . With her big ass"

"Shut up" i said pushing his head .

My mom was very pretty . She was light skin , hazel eyes , thick , and long brown hair that went down her back .

The bell rung . "I'll catch yall later" Taj said . "See you later ugly " Amber said . "See you" he walked away . Me & Amber walked to our classes .

***

"You coming over ?" Amber i asked me . "Imma go get Samya and then maybe go home to see my momma" "Alright" "But i'll call you" "Okay"

*At Home*

"C'mon Samya" "Okay im coming" she unbuckled her seat belt . "Grab your back pack" she grabbed it and got out the car . I used my key to unlock the door . I walked in a smelled food . A smile crept upon my face . Me and Samya walked in the kitchen and my smile faded away .