Chapter 1 - No

MAGIC

Chapter 1

*AALIYAH’S P.O.V*

“No, no, Aaron, you don’t understand this time he’s pushed it!”

My voice echoed all the way through the halls of my home as I screamed at the individual on the other end of the phone.

“What happened now, Aaliyah? You know, I’m starting to get tired of this shit.” He whined.

Aaron, my boyfriend, had clearly been sick of hearing about the torment I go through almost every day because of a certain somebody whose living objective is to piss me the fuck off.

“He spray painted my locker, the dick.”

There was an instant of silence before Aaron replied.

“That’s it?”

“What do you mean that’s it, Aaron?! He drew a picture of a penis on my fucking locker with spray paint! I had to stay back an hour after school just so I could rub it all off completely. My hands are stained!”

I was angry, wasn’t he even going to be on my side?

“Well, babe, it’s not that bad… Everyone’s locker has graffiti on it.”

“Aaron if he had drawn something other than a fucking penis I wouldn’t care.”

“Well… Ok babe, what is it that you want me to do? Want me to knock the fucker out because I will.”

“No, no. It’s fine. Just leave it.”

Although I reviled him, the nuisance that ruined my locker, Aaron was quite the sportsperson and I’ve seen him in many fights. They regularly didn’t end so well for the foe.

“Do you want to come over?”

“No, no, I’m tired I’m just gonna’ go to sleep.”

“Suit yourself. Goodnight love.”

“Goodnight.”

Sadly that chat didn’t make me feel any better; it was still wedged in my head. My whole high school existence I was bullied by this maniac non-stop. And although it wasn’t emotional harassment, it really got on my fucking nerves. I might have started it, calling him an asshole in front of the entire class two years ago… But he was mimicking the teacher- I had to say something! I loathed him. I despised everything about him. His chocolate wavy locks and the way it flopped onto his brow, his dim emerald eyes, his burly jaw line, his fleshy crimson lips; oh yes, I hated everything about Harry Styles.

***

I plead to God that today will be better. I reviled waking up annoyed, and I just couldn’t stand the thought of having to see Harry five days a week at school. Fortunately, it was Friday.

After getting ready, I waited outside for Aaron to pick me up. As I sat on the fence something on the hem of my school blouse caught my eye. I looked down, probing the paint like stain on my white uniform. The irritation in my chest began building throughout my whole body.

“FUCK YOU HARRY STYLES!”

I knew that he would see the mark and chuckle at the thought of me slaving away at my locker dreadfully trying to clean the penis off. Just as I was about to turn around to go in and change my top, Aaron arrived.

“Come on, babe! We’re gonna’ be late!”

I rolled my eyes, stomping towards the car and slamming the door behind me as I sat.

“I know you’re not a morning person but could you please not take it out on my car?”

I didn’t want to answer; I was infuriated as much as necessary and didn’t need Aaron to criticize me. I thought of ways to get Harry back. Maybe I should do the same to his locker? No, no… I could tell the teachers? No, I wouldn’t want to be labelled a snitch.