Chapter 2 - Hey Girl What's Up?

Chapter 2

*AALIYAH’S P.O.V*

That day when I arrived home from school, I was happy I had a party to go to that night to take my mind off of what happened. Not only did Harry make me the laughing stock of the whole school, but now Aaron and I weren’t talking. With any luck the party will take my mind off things. I feel like drinking anyway. Oh… But… What if Harry is at the party? I will most likely knee the fucker in the balls if I see him. I decided to call Olivia, the girl throwing the party, to ask if he’s invited.

“Hey girl what’s up?”

“Hey, Olivia. I just wanted to ask a really quick question about the party tonight.”

“Shoot.”

“Ok, um, well, is Harry going to be there?”

“Harry who?”

“Styles”

His name almost made me choke. I hate him.

“Listen, girl everyone will be at this party. There was no invitation list. If this is about what happened today at school everyone-“

I needed to cut her off, just hearing someone speak about the incident made me cringe.

“Ok, Olivia I’ll see you tonight bye!”

I shut the phone, crashing down onto my bed as I thought tonight through. I could just pay no attention to him? Maybe I shouldn’t go to the party? No, no. He would know I’m not going because of him and I didn’t want to give him that pleasure. I guess I’d just have to face him, the idiot.

I began getting prepared an hour later. I showered, put on my favourite small black dress, applied some makeup, straightened my hair and I was set.

I decided to walk to Olivia’s, seeing how it was only two streets away and I needed a bit of exercise anyway. It was 7pm and the streets were dim, the only glow was coming from the moon and the street lights. It was an ideal summer’s night. I began thinking about Aaron, wondering whether or not he was ever going to forgive me. He just didn’t know how tough it was to just get your mind off of someone that was continually bothering you. If he came to the party tonight, I’d be sure to make it up to him.

I finally arrived at Olivia’s, the music throbbing in my ears the minute I entered her street. Let’s hope that no one calls the police because of the sound. I always appreciated her house, it was enormous, the white paint covering the brick never cracking or fading. There were people everywhere. In the driveway, in the garage, on the verandas, I even thought I saw someone on the roof.

I walked in through the back, saying hello to everyone I knew and giving girls kisses on the cheeks. I wasn’t overly popular, but I had a few good friends. The garden was packed with people dancing, drinking, kissing, grinding, it was just the customary high-school party view.

I searched through the swarm to find someone I knew. Fortunately, I spotted my good friend Emily in the back corner by the pool with her boyfriend Oliver.

“Aaliyah! Hello, gorgeous!”

Emily embraced me in a squeeze. Her boyfriend nodding hello as I stood next to them. Emily was tall, with an extremely burning figure. She had large breasts and a voluptuous rear to go along with her lengthy, toned legs. She wasn’t very good-looking in the features however; her shady curls always covering her blue eyes and her skin always patchy and crimson.

“Where’s Aaron?”

“I don’t know. I haven’t seen him since school, darling. I’m sure he’ll turn up. Are you alright after today? Harry is such an asshole.”