Chapter 12 - Do You Like This?

Chapter 12

*AALIYAH’S P.O.V*

I drove home angrily, wanting to get as far away as I could from that bastard. How did I let myself get concerned with such a twat? I knew he was a thug, but not a criminal; and something as little as theft was enough to make me regret meeting the fucker- but what about the pistol? I recalled the goose bumps travelling through my body as the chilly metal touched my skin. Did he do armed burglary? Has he used it on somebody before? Has he killed someone? Tears gathered in my eyes at the thought. I had fallen in love with this boy, one that almost certainly had no feelings towards me- one that was a cold hearted criminal.

And though I knew he was wrong for me, and I knew the best thing to do was to get away from him… I wouldn’t. I wanted Harry. I wanted every inch of him. It wasn’t just his perfect exterior, but also his erratic character. He had me head over heels, and the most horrible part of it was- I wasn’t in control of myself any longer. Whatever common sense I had left had fled, and my heart was in complete power of my actions. I would do anything to be with Harry, become accustomed to anything that I needed to get used to, even if it was theft.

My blanket was my only sense of comfort as I cuddled up into my soft bed. The warm tears trickling down my cheeks reminding me of the vast nervousness I was feeling. I had never been like this, ever. I had never let a boy take over my existence like this. Harry was controlling my feelings, my emotions, my views, my actions… he had my heart in the palm of his hand and I don’t even know if he feels the same.

My boyfriend had no longer been a main concern to me; the thought of Aaron never crossed my mind unless I received a call or message from him, which recently I hadn’t been answering. I wanted to end it with Aaron, but I first needed to know that Harry wanted me the way I wanted him. I had to know whether I have an effect on him the way he affects me. I needed to know if he loves me the way I adore him; and if he does, then what? What would be the motive for leaving Aaron? I couldn’t possibly tell him I had been cheating, no. I would need to wait a while, consider of a rational explanation to finish the relationship, and then be with Harry.

***

*SOPHIA’S P.O.V*

I’m a fucking model. Really, I could effortlessly pass off as one. My hair is ideal, my features are just right, my body is great, and where are my imperfections?

“Do you like this?” I asked my not so wonderful friend, Isla, while holding up a small crimson dress from my wardrobe. She slanted her head, probing the dress rapidly before holding up a ‘thumbs up’.

“Good. I’ve got a date tonight.”

“Ooh, with whom?”

“I don’t know some guy that asked for my number at the movies.” I shrugged. Isla giggled, standing up to look through my clothes with me. She was tall and lean, but not the type of lean that was good. I mean, she reminded me of an ill giraffe with her carroty locks and her freckles. I’d be keen on to giving her an alteration, but then again, I have myself to take care of.

“Sophia, when will you learn?” she laughed, nudging me with her elbow.

“What?”

“You don’t even know the guy you’re going on a date with?”

“I don’t see anything wrong with that, babe. You got to learn to live. I mean if I said no to this guy, he could be my future husband, and then I would have ruined my chances. Besides, I’m not as bad as some girls.”

Her attention grew as she sat on the floor next to my cabinet, watching me look through my clothing.

“Like who?”

I sat down next to her, readying myself for some gossip.

“Well, you didn’t hear it from me but, Aaliyah is cheating on Aaron.”

She leaned back on her elbows, her eyes widening, “what?! With who?”

“Harry Styles.”

*HARRY’S P.O.V*

My home was calm, which was strange because more often than not I woke up to my Mother’s singing or the television blasting. Maybe I was home alone? I checked the digital clock on my bedside table. It was midday, shit this is early for me on a Sunday.

I checked my phone, telling myself that I was checking it to see if I had any missed calls, but actually eager to see any messages from Aaliyah… none.

I knew I fucked up, showing her my shady side far too soon… but I had fallen for this young woman fast, and I needed to show her everything before I told her I want to be with her. I know after she sees it all, she will run, and strangely enough, that’s what I’m hopeful for.

I stepped into the shower, the hot water waking me up instantaneously as it ran down my body. I thought of Aaliyah, which is what I seemed to be doing 24/7. She’s too high-quality for me, she deserves better. I cannot permit her to spend her days with me, which is part of the reason I want her to be revolted by me. I want her to see what a horrifying person I am. Part of me believed she was like my Mother, who would stay by my side no matter what I did. This was a quality that not many people had, and why I valued my Mother so very much. My thoughts were soon blocked after hearing knocks on the front door.

I stepped out of the shower, covering my towel around my waist as I ran down the stairs, the knocking becoming louder and more regular.

“I’m coming!” I yelled as I opened the door.

“Harry, they know. Everyone knows.” Her tears filled her eyes, her words coming out in a stammer as she cried uncontrollably.

“Who, Aaliyah? What are you talking about?” I embraced her in my arms, pulling her indoors and closing the door.

“The girls from school, they know about us. And they’re threatening to tell Aaron if we don’t stop this.”

Fuck.