Chapter 9

"Here, wear this." Alfred threw a random t-shirt and some shorts he found at the Brit.

"Oof—!" He heard Arthur grumble as the clothes hit his face in surprise.

Alfred suppressed a laugh as the red faced Brit scrambled to get the clothes of his face, holding them at an arm's-length, nose scrunched in disgust.

"What the bloody hell is this?" Arthur eyed the clothes critically, brow furrowed, green eyes darting back and forth between the American and the (Alfred had to admit too) strange and smelly clothes

"Clothes." Alfred replied obviously shrugging his shoulders, and then he turned around to give Arthur some privacy.

"I know that, you idiot!" The American knew that Arthur was rolling his eyes at him even without watching him, "What I mean is: Why the bloody hell are you giving me these stupid, stinking clothes?!"

Alfred looked over his shoulder at the seemingly offended Brit, "Um..." He hesitated, his blue eyes wandering to Arthur's legs and up to the pale and unblemished collarbone and neck, he gulped and licked his bottom lip, rapidly turning his head back to face forward, "...For you to wear?" It came out as a question even though it wasn't supposed to.

"I absolutely refuse to wear this shite. Why do you want me to anyway? Do you want your jacket back?"

All questions to which Alfred didn't quite know how answer; he wasn't the best at lying... What was he supposed to say?

'No, I don't want my jacket back. I want you to change clothes because if you don't I'll have my way with you right here in this room.'

Yup. Nope. Totally not happening.

Arthur was waiting for an answer that Alfred couldn't give him. The silence stretched and Alfred didn't even care that he was skipping class now, although, he would rather be in class than in a closed space with Arthur.

"Well?" Arthur pressed, but Alfred felt as if his throat had formed a knot that wouldn't let him talk, he bit his lip trying to think of something to say, but his mind was blank.

"Just— Just do it!" Alfred shouted finally, maybe a bit too harsh, but it didn't matter as long as Arthur dressed the clothes. He fisted his hands, nails digging into his palms as he stared at a card box in front of him with various objects that people must have lost along the years here at school.

"No." The Brit huffed persistent and Alfred groaned wanting nothing more than to hit his head on the wall over and over.

"Goddamnit, Arthur! Just wear the damn clothes please!" He pleaded and heard shuffling behind him, Alfred didn't dare turn around but he hoped Arthur was actually dressing himself.

Click.

Uh-oh...

That had been the door locking.