Fear

Matt and Harries made their way to the sand where Reidy, Hoppo and Jesse were waiting for them, the defibrillator in hand ready to be used. Despite Hoppo's strict instructions, Reidy was adamant he was going to help them treat her- he didn't say resuscitate her because that would make the situation too real. His daughter was dead in the ocean, with people trying to bring her back to life. But he would never admit that.

They arrived at the shore, and Hoppo and Reidy rushed to help carry the young girls limp body to dry sand. Although nothing was said, the scars on her skin were clear, and it made them both angry, but the pressure of the current situation overwhelmed the anger with determination.

Hoppo, Jesse and Harries all insisted that Reidy took a step back and let them work on her, and despite his protests, Matt stood by him at a respectful distance away. They dried her chest, and put the defibrillator on her chest, pressing some buttons, when all of a sudden, she drew in a huge breath and began to cough. Relief crossed all of their faces, and Harries began to use the oxygen mask to breath for her to take some pressure of her lungs. Her eyelids fluttered, and the world began to come into her senses once more. Despite her being clinically dead for a significant time, she immeidately tried to push the hands that were on her body off, and she tried to sit up.
"Hey, hey, hey, relax, relax sweetie." Jesse said softly, but it didn't help. She was frantic- her body felt the same way than when her step father and mother had tried to drown her one time because she was taking too long washing up, and this memory alone sent her into a frenzy of panic and fear.

It was only when Matt realised she was having a flashback that he told everyone to stop touching her. Reluctantly, everyone obliged, and Rosalie immediately calmed down and stopped thrashing around as much, but she still wasn't settled. Reidy and Matt both approached her slowly, kneeling besides her. Her eyes opened, and Reidy made himself visible to her.
"Hey sweetie, you've had a little accident and you swallowed a lot of water. We just need to you to try and stay as calm as you can so we can help you, darling. Is that okay?" He asked softly, concern and worry evident in his eyes as he watched his daughter. Matt saw her hesitations, and decided to try and help.
"Look sweetie, i know this is really scary, especially being treated by people you don't really know, but what you did was an extremely brave thing, and you saved the lives of a man and child, but now you need to be looked after. Okay?" He asked, and she sighed, but nodded slightly. Matt smiled and pulled Reidy away, allowing Hoppo, Harries and Jesse to treat her again. By now, a ring of death had formed, and people were watching intensely. Reidy decided that he would try and control the crowds with Matt, rather than fight Hoppo's orders any longer.

The crowd was beginning to disperse, seeing that Rosalie was no longer in any immediate danger, and this allowed for the lifeguards to sit her on the back of the rhino and take her slowly up to the tower to wait for the ambulance. Reidy sat on the back with her, with Harries and Matt in the front. Rosalie had a blanket wrapped around her, and some foil to help minimize shock, with an oxygen mask on her face. Reidy was hesitant at first, but decided to wrap his arm around her back, keeping her steady whilst simultaneously comforting his daughter's shaking body. 

They arrived at the tower at the same time as the ambulance did, and the paramedic was a familiar face to the lifeguards. Rosalie perched on the bed in the tower as he approached her. Although her eyes were open, they were heavy and she was fighting to keep them wide.
"Hey darl, my name's Quinno. Can you tell me what yours is?" He asked, smiling at her.
"Rosalie." She answered quietly.
"And can you tell me what happened?" He asked again, concern growing as he checked her oxygen levels and saw they were significantly lower than what they should have been.
"I tried to save someone but it all went pear shaped." She said quietly, a ghost of a smile on her face, which was relief to everyone around.
"Alright then sweetie, we're just gonna shuffle you onto this bed here," he said, patting the bed the paramedics had wheeled in, "then we're gonna take you to the hospital to make sure everything's okay inside." Rosalie nodded weakly, and with the help of Reidy and Quinno, she laid on the other bed. They wheeled her to the ambulance, where Reidy immediately jumped in and rode with them.

Rosalie couldn't help but smile, she may have just almost drowned, but for the first time in her life she felt safe.

HEY GUYS! I'M SORRY THAT I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN A WHILE, I'VE HAD THE FLU AND I'VE BEEN SO BUSY- BUT I HOPE TO UPDATE MORE FREQUENTLY NOW! I HOPE YOU ARE ALL DOING GOOD AND ENJOYING THE STORY SO FAR!
PLEASE KEEP VOTING AND COMMENTING BECAUSE NOTHING MAKES ME HAPPIER THAN SEEING PEOPLE'S FEEDBACK!
ALSO, I SAW I HAVE OVER 200 READS AND I ALMOST CRIED BECAUSE I WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT PUBLISHING THIS BUT YOU GUYS HAVE ALL BEEN SO LOVELY AND KIND AND I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH OMG.
OKAY,  SO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THIS, I HAVE LOADS OF IDEAS BUT IF YOU HAVE ANY THEN PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW, AND IF THERES ANY OTHER LIFE GUARDS YOU WANT ME TO INCLUDE THEN JUST DROP ME A COMMENT!
I REALLY HOPE YOU ALL VOTE AND COMMENT BECAUSE I'M REALLY ENJOYING WRITING THIS!!