Chapter 2-Haymitch

Hi, it's very short but at least I’m uploading right? So here’s chapter 2 and thanks for reading so far! :B

-Shannon xoxox

----------------------------------------Chapter 2----------------------------------------

KATNISS

We walked into the Hob and Peeta offered to buy the liquor but I turned him down. I have enough money to buy the whole stall! But I‘d better just buy two for now. We walk around for over an hour buying a few things here and there then we walked over to Haymitch’s house.

“You two all loved up again then?” He asks as we walked in.

I jumped a mile. How the hell is he sober? I just ignore his question and say.

“You given up yet ya big fat drunk?”  

“No, just needed to tell you something sweetheart.” Haymitch replies.

“Well spit it out then, and this is a present to say thanks for keeping us alive.” I say handing him the bottles of liquor.

“Oh ta, walk to town with me?” He asks, (that's our code for I need to tell you something important somewhere we don't heard by the Capitol.)

“Nah we’ve just been there, we'll come another day.” Peeta says.

 “OK both of you meet me by the slag heap at 9:30 tomorrow morning and don't be late! It’s important.”

We nod and walk out. It must be important he’s never sober or serious. What’s going on? Well I guess I'll find out soon.

We walked back in silence both wondering what was so important. We get outside my house and I turn to go into my house when Peeta says...

"Well I'll see you at 9:30 tomorrow morning and don't be late! It's important."

I chuckle, the boy with the bread always knows what to say! Then I say goodbye and go into my house. I didn't realise how quiet it was in my house without my mother or Prim. They decided to stay in our old house because it probably reminds them of my father. I sigh and sit down on my sofa I don't know what else to do with myself so I flick through T.V. channels about stupid capitol people until I find one I can actually deal with. It's not that bad I suppose. It's about new hairstyles and I think I could try some out on Prim. But when I get bored I decide to just go up to bed.

I  throw on some pajamas and collapse into bed. It's 7:30 and I'm exhausted! So I pull the covers up to my chin and get ready for a sleep full of horrible nightmares about the Games.