Chapter 3-Surprise (Peeta)

Hi again, well it's all kicking off in this chapter! I was kinda busy this week so i didn't upload every night, I'm sorry! But now I got the whole summer hols 2 finish this book so if your lucky it'll be finished by the end of September and do you like the photo? I drew it me self. >.<

----------Chapter 3---------

PEETA

I'm holding onto Katniss for dear life because I know if I let go then Snow could get her. But it's not a dream this time, it's real.

I waited for a while by the slag heap with Katniss, when finally, Haymitch came hobbling along. He told us about how some citizens in other districts believe that the berries were a sign of rebellion and President Snow will do whatever it takes to stop it. Even kill the people we care about most. He was going on about how his family was murdered. While me and Katniss just stood there trying to take it all in. Then Katniss lost it and ran. I followed her all the way back to her house. I know how she feels, destroyed. I'm just trying to stay strong, for her.

So here we are. Katniss is crying her eyes out in my arms. She's muttering something to herself that I can't quite make out. I think she's going crazy, but I don't blame her after what we've been through in the games. Then out of nowhere she says.

"I love you Peeta."

WHAT! I thought she was just acting and that she loved Gale not me, the pathetic baker's son. I don't know what I think anymore!!!