Chapter 4 - Horror Film Fright

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I haven't updated in nearly two months now. I'll admit, it's not excused at all, because I definitely had some time at some point. I hope that I'll get my stuff together and be able to update more. Until then, however, here's the long overdue chapter.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Zayn’s POV)(September 19th)

“I don’t know, guys,” I said when Harry pulled out the movie.

“I’m with Zayn,” Liam added, backing me up. “We’re not supposed to watch that; it’ll give us nightmares.”

“It’s just a horror film,” Harry said as he opened the DVD case. “Besides, my mommy’s asleep.”

“Yeah, I bet it’s not even scary,” Louis cosigned.

“Are you sure?” Niall asked, taking the disk case from Harry. “The picture has a lot of blood on it. It looks really scary.”

“It’s all fake.” Louis patted his shoulder to make him feel better. “They just use, like, red paint and ketchup.”

“Um, does anyone know how to do this?” Harry asked, staring at the DVD player.

I rolled my eyes. “You just push one of the buttons.” Walking up to the player I pushed the button myself, putting the DVD in when the holder thing came out.

“But I thought that you were scared,” Louis teased in a dopey voice.

“Be quiet! I’m not scared!” I huffed and crossed my arms at him. “I’ll prove it! I’m not afraid of some movie!”

“Bad idea…” Liam warned us one more time, but went to sit in front of the living room couch with everyone anyway. I pushed the play button before joining them on the floor.

* * *

“What was that?” Harry asked.

“I don’t know, check!” Louis replied.

“I’m not checking, you check!”

“What if it got your mom?” I asked Harry.

“What if it comes under the blanket?” Liam asked concernedly.

“Then we’ll fight it!” Niall decided, grabbing a pillow. We all followed his lead. “Ready? LET’S GO!”

We all charged from under the blanket, yelling at the top of our lungs. We attacked the first thing that we saw, pummeling it with our pillows over and over again.

“Boys! What are you doing?!” a lady’s voice asked. We all dropped our weapons and saw Ms. Styles standing in the middle of all of us.

“Yay!” we all yelled, going to hug her legs tightly.

“You’re alive!” Harry squealed.

“We thought that the evil zombie demon got you!” I said.

“Evil zombie demon? What have you all been doing?” she asked.

We all let go of her legs, looking at each other with wide eyes.

“Uh-oh…” Niall said just before all of us ran upstairs to Harry’s room so that she wouldn’t get to yell.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm not a big fan of this chapter, but I have to get back in the game somehow. Can I get some love, Wattpad Dwellers?