Chapter 3 - Pancakes

Chapter 3

    I woke up, with the smell of pancakes drifting through my nose. Huh? My mom can't make pancakes for her life. I slipped on pajama shorts and a loose tee shirt, and tip toed downstairs. I saw Justin in my kitchen, at the oven flipping pancakes.

        "Justin, what are you doing here?! How did you get in?" I whispered. He jumped, surprised.

        "Your mom let me in. She said I could cook pancakes for you because she had to go to work early. And she said I could spend the day with you since she won't be back until around midnight."

        "Oh..this is really weird Justin." I giggled and sat down.

        "Yeah yeah, I know. Just go with it." He winked and placed two pancakes on a plate. He drenched them in syrup and planted them in front of me, with a fork on the side of the plate.

        "Thank you, Justin." I smiled and took a bite. When my mouth bit down, I felt liquid in my mouth. It tasted like raw batter. I spit it out, which made Justin turn around.

        "What? Are they bad?"

        "Uhh...yeah! They're not even cooked!" I fell onto the floor, laughing. He didn't find it very amusing.

        "Well whatever. I tried." He cleaned up the mess and made me a bowl of Raisin Bran with almond milk, my favorite.

        "Thanks." I finished it up on the couch, next to him.

        "Oh.. Nattie. Before I forget.."

        "Yeah?" I said through a mouthful of raisins.

        "I'm really sorry about yesterday, I feel like an idiot. I just, I haven't felt such passion and real love with someone in a long time, and when I saw you, my heart stopped. I'm really sorry, Nattie. I don't wanna lose you." He held my hand in his.

        "Its alright Justin. Thanks for apologizing. It means alot." I kissed his hand.

        "Are you gonna be okay?" He asked, pulling me closer on the couch.

        "Yeah, Justin. With you here, I'm better than okay."