Chapter 4

A/N: Wow I have 110 reads so far. Not to many votes though. If you think it is missing something that is making you not vote please feel free to message me. Did you notice my awesome new cover? It was created by my awesome friend on Wattpad named Friday 26. She has a great story on her named Ruined Monday. You should check it out. This chapter will also be dedicated to her for taking time out of her busy life to make not one but four covers to choose from. I will post them all later for you to see. Thank you so much to all my readers. Hope you enjoy this chapter and the rest to come. 

P.S. Sorry it took longer then I had planned to get this posted but I had some things come up that I had to take care of.

Sincerely

Heather

Chapter 4-The witch

           Amanda and I met at the front door right at 6 am. We didn't speak at all because we both knew something was wrong. I couldn't help but think there was more to her then I thought. I could feel a power in her that I am not even sure she knows about. I am hoping that I can help her find out what it is. Maybe the witch could help her also. I am just hoping we will actually get the answers we need before all shit hits the fan. I am definitely learning to listen to my instincts. I brought some weapons with me and Amanda had a bag with her and I am certain she has some in there as well. Neither one of us wanted to be unprepared. I know a lot of vampires will consider me an easy target since I am new. However, I am really hoping to prove everyone wrong. 

          We reached the hill just before the town and we both stopped. Amanda glanced over at me and I could see she was about to get very serious. "Jenna, Do you smell that?" She asked. I shook my head and she continued. "It smells like cinnamon and honey," She glanced over at me again, I guess she wanted to make sure I was paying attention. "That is the scent of the witch, the way you can tell for sure that it is a true witch is by the honey scent. If it is strong then they are true and very powerful. However, if they are new or just a practicing human then it is very faint."

          "I have smelt that scent many times and it was really strong near the library." I said. "I think we should begin there." I began to walk toward town but Amanda grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

          "Pay attention to the rest of the scents." She commanded. The look in her eyes told me she was deadly serious and if I argued I was in trouble. 

          I closed my eyes and tried to separate all the other scents in the air and that was when I caught the scent of at least five other vampires. I opened my eyes and looked at Amanda in surprise. "I smell five vampires. They have an over powering smell of human blood around them. I can sense there anger and frustration. I think they are trying to find the witch. She may have led them to her when she was trying to lead us to her as well. I think we need to get there quickly or she won't make it." I said in a panic. "I can sense her fear but she is strong and determined. I think she knows we are close and that is why we can smell her. I think she has been masking it somehow for many years." I didn't know how I was able to pick up all that information just by concentrating on the scents. Maybe, this was another one of my abilities. The only way to find out was to talk to the witch. I would also feel better if I could give her a name. I hate calling her a witch. It would piss me off if everyone referred to me as the vampire all the time. 

          "Very good, you were able to pick up on emotions to and personalities of the vampires. I wish I had that ability. It would make it a lot easier to know who I could trust and who not to." whispered Amanda. I could tell she was thinking about Brian and Jen. I wanted to comfort her but now was not the time. We needed to get down there and save the only person who could possibly give me the answers I needed.