4. Bonded

Six years pass

    Azure's beautiful emerald eyes scanned across the horizon watching the pink and orange colors peaking through the clouds casting the last rays of light onto the land before night. Meeko slept quietly in her bag making small mewing sounds of pure contentment. Azure glanced down at him. "Alright buddy. You can stay here this time. I'm just grabbing a few books then we are off to see the universe." She set her bag down in a safe place before leaving him.
    The city had been unusually busy that day though Azure wasn't sure why. It had something to do with the ship that arrived in the morning she was sure. Some Prince or something most likely. It seemed people were obsessed with such titles. Whatever the reason Azure wasn't interested. Tomorrow night she and Meeko would be on a new planet facing a world of marvelous adventures. Tonight was her last trip to the library shed grown to love.

    Ben sat quietly on the floor focusing on his breathing. It was his first night back in this house. His uncle felt it was important for him to take a trip home. Ben didn't object. There was something he still needed to do. As he meditated on his surroundings he felt it. His eyes opened slowly. "Found you little mouse." He said quietly.

    Azure ran her fingers along the spines of the books shed spent years getting to know. She almost felt guilty that this would be the last time she came here. These books were like her friends. They taught her so much. She owed them. "If I thought I could get away with it id take you all with me." She whispered to them. Her journal lay on the table at the far end of the room by the door. It was open to a page she had marked with a folded corner. On it she listed the books shed found that she wanted to keep. There were only three. Wonderful Ways to Watch, Creatures Kill, and Jedi vs sith. The last wasn't her usual taste but it was an amazing adventure story.
    "So you've finally decided to take something." A deep yet oddly crackly voice came from behind her. She turned slowly to face the person who'd caught her. To her surprise it was a boy. Roughly the same age as her. Perhaps slightly older.
    In his hand was her journal which his eyes seemed glued to. His fingers flipped through the pages casually while Azure stood frozen out of fear. Ben chewed the inside of his lip. The mysterious presence he'd felt for so long was just a girl. He wondered then, why did she feel so different? She had the same mirror like affect on him as before only now he was much stronger. More focused. He could feel a warmth radiating from her in a sort of pulsing pattern. The force was in her but it was different than his own or anyone's for that matter. What was coming from her was raw and wild... And she seemed completely unaware of it.
    Finally his eyes lifted from the page and landed on her sending a warm tingle throughout her whole being. Bens brows pulled together. Somewhere inside him he felt a sense of calm. The voice in his head went quiet, not vanishing completely but down to an ignorable whisper. "Who are you?" He asked.
    Azure took a moment to properly reply. She was scared but not of the person before her. She was scared of the ways the shadows around him seemed to be bending and moving. As if they were whispering to him. "My name is Azure... And you are?" She tried to sound brave but her voice was quivering.
    "I'm Ben Solo. This library belongs to my mother." He said glancing at the book she held in her hand. Azure blushed and went to set the book back on its shelf. "Don't." He stopped her. "Take what you please. I'm not interested in stopping you."
    Azure didn't know how to reply so she stood there silently looking at him. Ben shifted under her gaze hoping the voice in his head that guided him would order him to kill her, however it seemed the voice couldn't see her through as it did everything else. He was on his own. What he did now was his decision and his alone.
    "If creatures are what you're interested in my books would serve you better." He said before turning around and leaving the library. Azure hesitated, wondering if he was inviting her to follow him or not. After taking a deep breath she left as well and looked down the hall to see him waiting by his door. "Hurry up before I decide you're not worth my time." He grumbled.
    She scurried after him and the door slid closed behind her. As soon as it did their paths were set. Ben made a choice and so did Azure. Light or dark didn't matter. Whichever side one chose the other would follow.