7. Personal Generator

Azure laid with her head across Ben's lap in his bed. His eyes closed focusing on holding the book she was reading in the air with the force. His master told him not to waist his talent on meaningless tasks however he reasoned that this was endurance training.

    It had come to his attention recently that his master always had access to his mind and feelings. So it worried him at first that his master hadn't mentioned Azure's continued presence each night. The more he thought on the subject the more he wondered if his master was unable to sense her. After all Ben himself had only sensed a reflection from her when he was young. Maybe that's all his master could see. In which case it would make sense that his master was observing silently. A feeling in the pit of his stomach told him he didn't want his master to discover her.

   "Ben you're shaking makes it hard to read." Her soft voice pulled him back to the room. He opened his eyes to see his laps in focus was causing the book to tremble in the air. He inhaled and exhaled slowly making the book become still once more. "I have hands you know. I can hold the book myself." She offered yet again. Ben shook his head.

    "No. I need the practice." He told her She chewed her lip and gazed at him for a moment. He looked back down at her and wondered how much she knew about her own energy.

    "Azure, may I ask you something?" He asked.

    "Of course." The book slowly drifted through the air back to its place on the shelf across the room. Azure sat up knowing this meant she wouldn't be continuing her book until his curiosity was satisfied.

    He started slowly. "You know about the force from my mothers books but have you ever thought about the different forms it takes?" Her head tilted to the side.

    "Uh... No? I know it exists in all living things but only those with the ability to use it can become Jedi. Is that what you mean?" She asked him.

    "Those are two ways it exists yes. It exists in a passive form in most things. The energy simply flows through and fuels them. In Jedi it takes an active form. Its able to be redirected and controlled in that state." He began to explain to her. "What if there were other forms though... A raw form perhaps." Azure's brow's pulled together.

    "Ben you know I love learning about these things but... Is there something you're trying to get at?" She said feeling as though he was trying to lead the conversation toward something. It annoyed him that she was able to see through him so well.

    "The reason I invited you to my room was because I can feel the force emanating from you..." He said finally getting to his point. "At first I couldn't sense you at all. It was like you were a reflective surface. Any time I tried to reach out toward you all I could feel was my own energy being redirected at me... Where you doing that on purpose?" Azure's expression was clouded and hard to read.

    "I... I don't think so? I've never been able to do anything like that as far as I know. Are you sure it was me?" Ben gave a small nod.

   "I'm sure. I've been trying to understand why you're energy feels so strange but I'm not sure I understand what it is."

    "How does it feel strange exactly?" Her voice held a hesitant tone.

    "It feels similar to the force I use as a Jedi only..." He shook his head. "I can only describe it as raw... and somehow you are completely unaware of it." He gave a sigh and racked his fingers through his hair.

    "That's normal though for someone who isn't force sensitive, isn't it?"

    "I don't understand how you can be unable to sense the force though. I can feel it constantly pouring out of you like a fountain. Yet it never seems to run out... I just don't understand." His finger began to tug at the sheets of his bed. They trembled as they slowly balled into fists. "I hate not understanding." He growled quietly.

    Azure place her hands over his and leaned forward to rest her forehead against his. Despite her own confusion and fear, she smiled at him. The sight eased his building frustration. "If what you say is true... Shouldn't you be able to use the force I'm giving off? I could be you're own personal generator of power." She giggled.

    Ben knew she was only joking but the idea struck deep into his chest. He could use her energy to power up his own abilities. All he had to do was seal her energy to his own. No matter where she was or how far apart they were he would be able to draw on her for power...