2. The voice

Ben held his head tightly in his hands trying with all his might to block out the dark haunting voices. It had become obvious to everyone around him that he was strong with the force and the nightmares he was suffering from were a result of that. This was the tenth night in a row that the young boy sat on his bed crying unable to close his eyes out of fear. He couldn't run to his parents room again. Not after what he heard the night before.
    Ben wandered down the hall with tears streaming down his face. He needed his mom and dad. He needed them to make the voices and visions stop. He needed comfort.
    As he approached the door he could hear them talking to each other in hushed tones. He pressed his ear to the door and listened curiously.
    "What am I suppose to say to him Leia? I don't know anything about all this force crap. Hell before I met your brother I thought it was all fake." Ben recognized the voice to be his fathers. Could they be talking about him, he wondered.
    "Han... Maybe we should send him to Luke. He's looking for force sensitive kids anyway. Maybe he can-" Han cut her off quickly.
    "What? You just want to send him off?! Make it someone else's problem?! Ben comes running in here every night. How will sending him to another planet with Luke fix that?" Ben's brown eyes widened and his brows pulled together in the most heart breaking way. This is what his parents thought of him? They thought he was a problem for them. They were going to send him away.
    He couldn't listen to any more. He ran back to his room and as if the force inside him had a mind of its own, the door locked behind him. He pulled the pillow over his head and sobbed for several hours before finally falling asleep.
    Ben refused to go to his parents again. They didn't care about him. He was just a hindrance to them. This filled him with a hollow cold sensation. It felt as if a freezing wind was swirling inside his small body. The darkness in his bedroom grew more intense and through it he could hear the voice. The one that had been calling to him louder and louder for as long as he could remember. 'They don't want you... They will only disappoint you... I can help you... Make you strong... Come to me young one... And together we will kill the weakness inside you... We will kill Ben Solo' Ben let out a small whimper and pulled the covers over his head. Perhaps the voice was right.
-
I apologize that Azure (the female lead in the story) was missing in this part but I promise she will be in the next one. I just wanted to play around with young Ben struggling with Snokes manipulation and his parents not understanding how to help him.