The Right Time Chapter 3

“Jack. Wake up.” Jackie opened her eyes. She was still in the hotel room, and Paul was standing next to her, holding a tray with some oatmeal, an orange, and a mug of coffee. “Oh, thanks, Paul.” She sat up and took the tray. ‘How can I sleep in a dream?’ she thought. ‘How can I taste in a dream?’ The oatmeal was fabulous. She hadn’t eaten since the night before, and hadn’t eaten much because of the argument with her parents. “It’s lovely, thanks.” Paul looked proud of himself for making such a good breakfast. He sat on the bed next to Jackie. “We’ve got to go to an interview so, uh, you can hang around here till we get back. Or you could come. If you want.” “I think I’ll just stay here, thanks. Try to figure things out.” “Alright. We’ll see you later, then. Bye.” “Bye.”

When Jackie woke up again, it was 12:30. She remembered Brian saying the boys interview was at noon. She found the bathroom, and took a shower. After, she turned on the small TV in the main room. It was tuned to a channel and she saw the four sitting at a table and answering questions. ‘I’ve seen this interview before!’ she thought, ‘But in the future. That’s so trippy!’

When they all got back, with Brian, they introduced Jackie to Brian. Though they didn’t tell him about her... situation. “I think we should get a cake!” said Ringo. “Yeah!” they all agreed. “Now boys. You can’t have too many sweets,” Brian objected. “Oh please, Brian,” Paul said, making a little puppy face. “No.” Paul caught eyes with John, then turned to Brian. “Please?” Paul was turning on the charm. Jackie knew that Epstein was gay. Paul knew how to make that useful. Jackie felt herself drawn to Paul. He was so handsome, and so sweet... Realizing that she was staring at Paul, she quickly looked away. “Well, I guess a little wouldn’t hurt...” Brian reluctantly said. “Yes!”

When Brian left, after cake, Jackie, Paul, Ringo, George, and John sat around the main room. “So!” Paul said, brightly, “You lads, and lass, up for a tuck?” “Why? It’s only 4:30,” George put in, “and we just had cake.” “Well then, what do you suggest we do?” “I think we should go for a walk in the park. There’s a little one near a pond not far away,” John answered. “What’cha think, Jack?” Paul asked. “A walk sounds nice. And maybe after that we get some grub.” “Let’s go then!”

-While I was writing the part about cake, I was totally cracking up! Paul knows how to make that useful! XD-