The Right Time Chapter 6

“We’ve got a recording session today. Do you wanna come and watch? We are recording a new song today,” said Paul. “Sure, I’ll came,” Jackie said. She was going to watch an actual, real life, Beatles recording session!

When they got to the studio, Brian was there waiting. “Ah, so you’ve still got this one?” he said, “Hello again, uh, Jackie?” “Yeah. Hi.”

In the studio, Jackie sat behind the glass, and the boys on the other side. “Ok, boys,” a man said, “Let’s start with the new one. All my loving.”

“Close your eyes and I’ll kiss you

Tomorrow I’ll miss you

Remember I’ll always be true...

And then while I’m away

I’ll write home everyday

And I’ll send all my loving to you.”

Jackie sang along out loud through the whole song, never missing a word, or even a note. “How do you know?” Brian said. “What?” “How do you know the song? This is the first time they’ve recorded it.” Jackie cast around for a lie. “They taught me it before we came here,” she quickly lied. “Huh,” Brian said, still confused, “Ok. That was good. Play it back, Alf.”

Next they did Boys, then Do you want to know a secret, and finally, I’ll get you. “I think that’s enough for today,” Brian said. “What’d you think?” Paul asked Jackie. “It was awesome! I never ever thought I would ever experience that.” Paul smiled.

They hung out at the hotel the rest of the night in the hotel room. “So what’s the future like?” John asked, randomly. “Um, how do you mean?” Jackie replied. “Well, what’s different?” “I probably shouldn’t tell you that much.” “Oh come on. Tell us something,” George said. “Well, for one the phones are different.” They all laughed at her little joke. “And music has changed a lot. For the worse.” Silence. “Are we still popular?” questioned Ringo. “Yes. Quite a bit. I don’t think I’ll get much deeper into that.” “What’s wrong with music?” asked Paul, “I didn’t think it was possible for music to be bad.” “Well, ever heard of rap? It sucks. People use electronics to make their voices better, and they’re not even good singers. Songs have no meaning and are all about sex and violence.” “I think I would like the former,” John said, smirking. “Anyway,” Jackie continued, rolling her eyes, “There are few people still around with actual talent. Most songs don’t have actual instruments  Most kids in my generation don’t know... to be frank, they’re all uncultured little shits. I bet if you go up to a teen or kid on the street, they won’t know who mozart is. There are still quite a few people who do have good music tastes, but they are far between. All I ever wanted all my life was to go back in time, and be around in the age of good music.” “Well, your dream has come true!” Ringo pointed out. “Yeah.” All Jackie had ever wished for had come true, but she wasn’t that happy. She didn’t know why, but she felt empty inside. She sighed. “I’m going to bed. See you tomorrow.”

Jackie lay in bed. ‘Why do I feel so bad? I feel like something bad is going to happen.’ She couldn’t sleep, so she got up and started toward the main room, when she heard talking. “I have no idea where this is going,” Paul was saying, “I mean what’s gonna happen? Will she have to go back?” “I don’t know. I guess we’ll have to figure something out,” Now John was talking, “She can’t stay forever. We can’t babysit her forever.” Jackie huffed. ‘Babysit? I’m only like, 5 years younger than him.’ “Guys. Ugh! This is so annoying! What the fuck are we gonna do?” George said. “I don’t know, Geo. She’s got nowhere else to go, though. How the hell are we gonna get her back?” Paul said. John exhaled, deeply. Jackie went back to her room. She sat for a minute thinking about what she heard. They were right. She couldn’t stay forever, but she had nowhere else to go. When she had to go back, how would she do it? So many questions. She went to confront them, but heard something else. “I know! She is so annoying! I wish she would leave us alone!” Jackie stopped. What were they saying? “Always hanging around,” Paul said, “She just follows us around. Seriously, she’s crazy.” They laughed. “Yeah. Girls are usually fine, but she’s just... ugh.” George said. Jackie was stunned. Did they actually feel that way about her? She hadn’t realized she had been so annoying. She crept back to her room, or Paul’s room, and waited till she heard them go to bed. She waited a little longer so she was sure they were asleep. Jackie got dressed, gathered up the little things she had, left a note on the bed, and crept back out to the main room. She had forgot that Paul was sleeping on the couch. She stopped when she saw him. He looked so cute, sleeping. “Awe! Dickhead,” she muttered. “Where are you going?” Jackie gasped. Paul sat up. His eyes were closed. He was sleep talking. “Um, nowhere. Go back to sleep.” “But I love you?” he said, seeming surprised at what he said. Jackie blushed. “No, Paul. Go back to sleep.” He lay back down. She grabbed some food from the refrigerator, and some fruit, and put it in a small bag she’d found. As she opened the door, she turned back and whispered, “I love you too.”