SUGA: Never Her Leading Man

"So here is our first letter with the address: Buk-gu, Daegu," Namjoon said as the instrumentals started to play.

They say that having a special someone will light the fire of determination in you so you can succeed. Well, what can I say, that happened to me.

I am Min Yoongi and this is my story.

The other kids at school look at me like I'm another type of species living with them ever since I joined the basketball team and became the team captain, girls are always around. They would send me letters or gifts which I didn't ask for. Some of my teammates like it but I did not. I am different.

That's why they call me "Ball's Wife." Yep, 'wife'. I can't blame them for giving me such name because I am so into basketball. But no one knew there's something special I like more than basketball. Because of this special someone, I avoided girls who come to me. Because of this special someone, I always do my best in basketball matches because she like the sport, too and she supports me. And this special someone is my best friend.

Well. To tell you more of the details of my story, let me start with my day to day routine after my basketball game ends.

"Good job team! Let's work hard on our next game. You may go." After congratulating my members, I fixed my bag immediately and headed off. I am already late for my next appointment.

"Oppa! Can we take a photo together?" One of the girls from the bench shouted when I passed by. I can't say no because I have to save myself from being hated. I just smiled and nodded which made them rush to my side.

"1, 2, 3. Smile!"

"Thank you, Oppa! I actually have something for you," she said, blushing. She handed me a blue paper bag. When I accepted it, she smiled at me seductively. Same old tricks, I thought to myself.

"Wow! Thanks. I will surely enjoy this," I said and attempted to leave but she clung into my arm. I was surprised by the girl's sudden action so I looked at her scornfully for a second. This is the thing I hate the most.

"Are you free today?" She asked me with a seductive voice. Oh, goose bumps. I smiled at her forcefully.

"First, please remove your hand in my arm because it's getting wet from your sweaty palms," I said. The girl withdrew her hand, embarrassed.

"Second, I am sorry I am not free today. You see, I was rushing when you asked me to pose for the camera which I generously accepted. I hope it is enough for you," I paused to look at the girl's and her friend's reaction. All their jaws dropped. Sorry but you annoyed the monster in me.

"Third, I am not really fond of eating cookies unless they were baked by my mother. But thanks for this anyway. Lastly, I am really late for my appointment, so bye." I said and waved goodbye as I turned my back on them.

I heard the girl mumble something but I didn't care. I was just being honest.

That's what happens every time I finish my game or I win a game so I am really tired of the same scenario. No wonder I have some haters who call me "Ball's wife". By haters, I was referring to the girls I talked to straightforwardly, just like the one I did back there.

I glanced at my phone and I am 10 minutes late.

When I was near the office, I saw her standing outside the door and she was having a conversation on the phone. She was smiling. Good news again, I told myself before I went near her.

"Oh! Yoongi! Annyeong!" She greeted and smiled when she finally noticed me.

"Did you wait long?" I asked her and she shook her head.