JUNGKOOK: Irony

"So here is our next story from Buk District, Busan." Namjoon started and another sad instrumental song played in the background.

"Life is full of ironies, they said. Well, I can't argue about that ever since lots of incident kept on pushing their way to my life." Namjoon read and continued after pausing for a while.

"I really don't know where to start my story but maybe I can feel better if I just write everything that I can remember.

Dad hated me almost every day of my life ever since I was born. He hated me because Mom died after she gave birth to me. To Dad, Mom is the most precious person he ever had so that ignited his hate towards me. But then, he still took me and raised me only to become like a servant in the house.

He always cared about my elder brother. I was treated like someone he just hired to look for the house. Yes, he did send me to school but because of my low grades, he made me stop schooling because according to him, I am just giving him shame.

Although that was my relationship with my Dad, I had a better one with my brother. When Dad is away on business, my brother would teach me things. He was patient enough to teach me what he learns at school even though he needed to repeat the whole discussion just for me to understand it. He became my idol and because of him, I wanted to prove to Dad that I can be better.

Then one day, while Dad was away, my brother invited me to go biking and have some fresh air. Because I was tired from all of the work at home, I agreed. So we went to the park. We enjoyed playing the whole day.

Everything was too good to be true. When we were on our way home, the most unwanted thing happened. There were men who are racing with their motorcycles and I was pushed to the other side of the road. I was looking for my brother because I was really afraid.

And when I saw him, I just got off my bike and run towards him but he kept on shouting 'Don't!' and I didn't listen so he rode his bike and headed towards me. That was the only time I realized I was in the middle of the street and a truck is approaching.

I wanted to run away but my feet won't move.

Few seconds after, I heard people's voices and the sound of sirens. I looked for my brother even if I had acquired some cuts and I wished it never happened. I wished I never agreed to go out with him.

I just killed my brother.

So Dad blamed me for it again. I know it was my fault but Dad kept on reminding me about it. He turned alcoholic and would beat me every time he goes home. I know everything was my fault so I wanted to end my life. I just want to die to avenge my Mom's and brother's death.

One night, Dad got home very drunk. He was shouting and cursing at me at the same time.

"Jungkook! Where are you? Why isn't there anything in the fridge for me to eat?" Dad shouted from downstairs and by the way he talked, I know he is drunk again. I let out a heavy sigh before I went out of my room to tend to him.

"You didn't leave any money this morning so I wasn't able to buy some stuff." I calmly said and he gave me a sharp look.

"You are useless as ever!" He said it like a curse and I clutched my hand to stop myself from acting untoward.

"How dare you talk back to me? You...you...You useless being! You are a curse in this family and I wish I never brought you up!" Those words did not only sting, it also shot blades in my heart. He kept on giving me punches all around my body and even on my face. He even kicked me when I dropped on the floor.

I really wanted him to stop...I can take all the punches he is throwing me but I just can't take all the curses and the hurtful words he is shouting at my face. Those words hurt more than his punches.