J-HOPE: Clowned Back

"And now were back with 143.7 BangTan FM. You're still with your most lively, charming and admirable Dj, DJ Namjoon!" Namjoon greeted as people's applause were played as a background.

"Without much ado, let's hear another story sent from Gwangju." He started as another instrumental played, it was a sad song but it was livelier than the first 3 instrumental songs that were played earlier.

"Laughter is the best medicine." The first statement read. Namjoon, recognizing the famous line continued reading the letter.

"I absolutely agree with that line. I mean, why buy medicine in the pharmacy or clinic if you can just laugh, right?

Well, I've lived my life with much happiness and smiles. I always wanted to bring comfort to people through making them laugh.

I am Jung Hoseok, A certified Engineer by profession and a clown by nature. I don't really admit that I am a funny guy but I think I have enough humor to be funny.

During weekdays, I am a fulltime worker in our company making blueprints and the like for our projects. But I always have extra energy that I tend to brighten up my colleague's hard, bad day.

One day, I observed one of my co-workers with a frown in his face and he looked irritated.

"Hey Junho, I have a really serious story." I told my co-worker while we are having lunch.

"What is it?" he asked.

"I have a friend whose mother was diagnosed with brain tumor. When the doctor told her about her Mom's condition, she cried...but it wasn't a bitter one. She cried out of joy." I said and he frowned.

"Why was that? Her mom is really sick." He commented as he drank his water.

"She was happy with the diagnosis. Because her Mom has a brain and there are TWO MORE that will be added." I said and my friend almost spit the water to me. The other guys near our table were laughing and so was he.

"Ya! That was really funny. It made my day." He said and I just laughed.

I always tell a joke to my co-workers who seem to be having a bad day. I wanted to cheer them up and make them smile with everything I can.

As for weekends, I spend my time at the Children's center. I stay with the caregivers there and help them look after the kids. I even play with the kids like I am the same as their age. I just wanted to see them laugh and enjoy their life.

"Uncle Hoseok, play with us. And wear this tomato to make your nose read," one of the kids pulled me and I happily went with her. I put on the toy on my nose and they all laughed when I turned to face them. They were even laughing loudly when I carried them one by one on my back.

It is really my joy to deliver happiness to anyone. It feels like I can be able to forget all my problems and stress when I can make a person laugh. Well, honestly, I also do pranks and jokes so I can earn the attention of the girl I secretly admire.

She is my co-worker and she is an Architect. Oftentimes, when I tell my jokes, I make sure that I am near her and make my voice louder so she can hear it.

There are times that I succeed in making her laugh along with our other co-workers but there are times she just can't understand my joke and just laugh after I explain it to her.

Even if that was the case, I continued telling jokes so I can get her attention. Then there was one time when a co-worker invited me to be a clown on her daughter's birthday, I gladly accepted her offer. So I dressed like a clown and went to the venue.