V: Beyond the Silence

"You're in Danger, You're in Danger, You're in Danger, You're in Danger," Namjoon repeated from the song that had just played.

"I really liked this part of the song. Anyway, you are still with your ever charming Dj, DJ Namjoon. So what can I say? We're already on the second to the last letter for tonight."

"I know you are all anticipating so I won't keep you waiting. This letter is from Seo District, Daegu."

"Silence...I've always lived in the silence so I am used to it." Namjoon nodded on the introduction and proceeded to the next lines.

"That maybe is the reason why most people branded me as the 'cold and quiet' guy, Kim Taehyung. I always appear as quiet and calm person. I don't really know what's wrong with me. I am not really an introvert or anti-social person. It's just that I am comfortable in the silence. I don't have to bother thinking about what to talk about with another person. I don't have to deal with the misunderstanding brought by words. I've lived just fine in limiting what I say.

I thought I can continue living in the silence but something unexpected came along. It totally broke the silence in me.

"Hi...uhm. Can I ask you a question?" She shyly asked and I nodded as I tried to investigate her. She is not from my school.

"Where is the Principal's office here? You see, I am new here and I am here for transfer." She said and our eyes met.

"Let me show you," I told her and we walked the empty hallways.

The first time that we met each other, I knew I've felt something unusual. I knew there was something that sparkled when her eyes met mine.

She actually bugged me for the rest of the day to tour her around saying that I was the only one she knew. I almost declined her favor but her smile made me give in. I was even amazed that I talked 200 words per minute because of her.

Since her transfer to our school, she would initiate a conversation with me and I find myself enjoying the moment.

I wasn't worried about misunderstanding and I wasn't worried about saying anything stupid.

When I talked to her, I didn't care about anything. I just find myself smiling, laughing about everything she says or every story I tell her. That was a really unique experience.

Even our classmates saw the change in me. I became talkative and I was blending in with the crowd. And I knew for sure, that was because of her.

She made me see the fun and happiness when you talk to someone, when you open up your heart to your friends, when you give yourself the freedom to express your thoughts.

"They said you weren't really talkative before? Why is that?" She asked me one time.

"Yeah, it's true. I don't know. Back then, I am happy to be in the silence. I am always relaxed when I don't have to talk." I answered.

"What changed you?" She asked and I just looked at her and smiled.

Her question hang in the air. When she asked me about what changed me, I felt something in my heart...fear? I don't know. I just felt like not telling her about it.

Then I introduced her to my best friend at school. We are in a different department so it's hard to always meet. But when we had that time, I took advantage of it to spend time with them.

We are actually opposite. He is very talkative and friendly. He tried many times to make me talk with the crowd, to blend in with the people around but he always fails.