JIMIN: I Hope You're Listening

151222 | taestykairamel
Song: Love is not Over by BTS

Im Nayeon. The epitome of my childhood. The adhesive that holds me of the past—of who I was and the future—of who I wanted to be. I hope this will be read. And I hope you're listening. This is Park Jimin.

Two months ago, my parents banished me back to our hometown. They were not a fan of my being a Lothario. They had had enough when they discovered that I banged the Mayor's daughters. Two of them.

The Mayor came to our house, enraged and with a revolver in one hand. "Where the hell is that fucktard!?"

I was in the living room leisurely watching Sponge Bob on TV when he found me. He immediately pointed the revolver at me and asked, "Who do you think you are? You think my daughters is that easy? You think I am that easy? I am going to kill you!"

I was scared and disgusted; scared because any second would be the death of me, disgusted because of the Mayor's spit.

"Oh my god! Mr. Mayor! Put the gun down!" My mom shrieked when she left the kitchen to see what was happening. She stood away in a safe distance while she continued on shrieking for the Mayor to calm and stop.

My Dad came down from their room. He almost fell on the stairs when he saw the scene. "What is happening?" My Dad howled, his eyes bulging in shock.

"Oh, Mr. Mayor. What are you doing? Can we not talk about this in a peaceful manner?" My Dad asked, sweating uncontrollably. It must be harrowing to have the Mayor pointing a gun towards your son in your house.

"I am doing what every father would do when a bastard fucked his daughters." The Mayor answered, "Do you know what your son did to my daughters who I have protected and cared for in my entire life? He fucked them. Not just once but... a lot of times and in a lot of places, too."

My parents paled. It was a surprise worth a lifetime. My mom tried to sit but she stumbled and fell on the floor. My Dad raised a hand to his chest and vigorously shook his head.

"No, no, no!" My Dad started, "You son of a... Oh, Jimin! Why?!"

I raised my hands up defensively, "Dad, listen. I can explain."

"Explain?" The Mayor raised his voice and aggressively pointed the revolver on my head, "You have nothing to explain. Die now."

Fortunately, just when the Mayor was about to pull the trigger, a group of police came in the house and secured me. The two daughters came after, crying and begging their father to think about the family's future.

Dramatic would be an understatement to describe what happened.

I have forgotten about our hometown and our old house. So, I was fairly amazed when I came back. The town was small and old-fashioned but surprisingly dainty. The house was big and spacious too.

It was already late at night when I arrived. The first thing I did was to roam around the house. I was finding interesting things like old photographs and toys when I heard a loud thud in the backyard. I got scared. I thought I attracted burglars to the house. I tried to look for baseball bats or anything I could use to at least defend myself.

"Welcome back, Chimchim."

I turned to where the voice came from. I found you standing near the backdoor, arms outstretched, as though expecting me to thank you with a hug you. You smiled, waiting.

"I'm sorry. Who are you?" I asked.

"It's me." you said, beaming at me. "I don't suppose you remember me?" you said again, this time a bit hesitantly, perhaps because of my insipid expression.