Brother my brother

Shadow was  on the Ark  alone ( he thinks he is by himself),  repairing some parts of the Ark that were heavily damaged.  He was in the lab where he was created and where he had to go through some painful tests back in the past.   Shadow knew Sonic was back home, waiting for Shadow to return so they could watch a movie, eat popcorn and sit beside each other on the couch. 

Shadow worked away on a air pipe that had came loose.  There was a small air leak but he quickly repaired it.

He wiped the sweat off his forehead with his left hand once the pipe was fixed.  He sat down on the ground a bit tired.
But then a dark figure appeared behind him.  

It was Maria.....
Shadow turned around as the  Ten  year old girl approached him.
She looked the same since the day Shadow had seen her die in front of him by a bullet to the back when GUN agents invaded.

Shadow was surprised.

Shadow: Maria?....... Is that really you?

Maria taunted him: Why couldn't you save me?
You're  the Ultimate Life Form. You were meant to save me. It's all your fault.

Shadow was confused he didn't think Maria would of been mad at him, it was true, it was Shadow's fault.  He did try to save Maria but GUN agents ran up behind him and Maria when they were running in a tunnel to the escape pods. She looked back at the agents then back to Shadow, fear deep in her eyes just as a GUN soldier shot a gun and the bullet went straight into Maria's back.  Shadow had quickly picked her up and ran with her the rest of the way but he set Maria down by the lever, opened the door and walked in to make sure there was enough room in the pod for him and Maria but the door closed behind him, Shadow turned around and banged on the door.

The only words he could hear was Maria saying Sayonara Shadow the hedgehog then she pulled the lever down,  the last thing Shadow remembered was seeing Maria fall to the ground before the pod exited the Space colony ark and down to Earth.

Now Shadow looked back at Maria, he could feel his eyes getting watery, telling him he was about to start crying.
He was breaking.

Maria continued to stare at him.

Maria: Why didn't you save me? I loved you.

Shadow at that moment began to cry.
His vision became blurry, he was only able to see colors.

Maria smirked from seeing Shadow like this.  

Maria: It must hurt you to know that I don't love you any more, Shadow.  

Shadow: I-it wasn't my f-fault.....
I t-tried to save you....

Maria: You left me to die, now I can never forgive you!

Shadow couldn't take it any more.
He rolled into a ball, trying to escape Maria's cruel words.

Maria let out a laugh that sounded like Mephiles's  laugh., it was loud, loud enough for Shadow to hear while he was curled up in a ball.

Maria turned into a black spot on the floor, then it transformed into a hedgehog similar to Shadow but dark grey fur, dark green eyes and a greyish blue color on his stripes.  ( Mephiles is his name.)

Mephiles: Heh, this is the all powerful Shadow the hedgehog?  Who would of thought breaking you would be so hard right when it's easy.  It was easy using your greatest fear and best friend against you in order to break you into a crying heap on the floor.

Shadow's brother, Eclipse heard what was going on from the other side  of the ark.  ( Eclipse is Shadow's brother on the Black arms side since Shadow is part Black arm and part hedgehog. The two share the same blood.)

He rushed over to where his brother was.  Shadow was still curled up in a ball, scared and shaken by Mephiles's words.

Mephiles chuckled a bit.

Mephiles: Any last words before I take you away from here and have you blamed for max destruction that the humans are all gonna turn against you, hedgehog?

Shadow didn't reply,

Eclipse entered the room silently. He waited for Mephiles  to do something to Shadow before he sprang into action to save his brother.

Mephiles  walked closer up to Shadow, he was about to grab him when Eclipse jumped on top of Mephiles's back. 

Mephiles took a couple steps back and tried to get the darkling off of him.

Eclipse had let go but he had hit a wall hard.  He fell  and landed on the metallic floor with a loud Thud.

Mephiles walked over to Eclipse.

Mephiles: You shouldn't of done that, now your gonna pay!

By now Shadow was starting to get up.
He was standing within seconds.

He used a homing attack on Mephiles a couple times before Mephiles fled.

Eclipse looked up at Shadow as Shadow took Eclipse's hand and helped him up.

Shadow: You ok, your not hurt are you?

Eclipse: Yeah  I'm alight, just my back aches but I'm fine.  I don't think any things Brocken.  But are you ok, bro?

Shadow: Yeah I'm ok well now I am.....

Eclipse: What happened?

Shadow: Something awful, I don't want to talk about it right now.......

Eclipse: ok, I understand.

Shadow: But any way, thanks for helping me.  If you didn't do what you had done I would probably of been taken away and blamed for things I never did then be isolated again.

Eclipse: No problem.

Shadow: I thought you would still hate me because of what I did to Black Doom, our father.

Eclipse: I am still mad about you killing him in front of me with  a chaos spear but I thought it was time that I forgive you and give love a try. Deep down I do love you, Shadow.  I know our battles with one another have gotten  a bit out of control. Look we're brothers and I never wanted to really hurt you but what you did made something inside me snap but let's just leave our fighting days behind us.

Shadow: Ok.

The two shook ands and hugged one another.

Shadow: So what made you change your mind?

Eclipse: Lately I've been listening to the song called Brother my Brother and well I thought about us and well that's basically why.