Chapter 21: Singapore

The next morning, Lena woke up early. She felt rejuvenated. She wanted to get up early to take a morning walk. Bihira kasi niya iyong magawa dahil madalas na tanghali na siya nagigising. But she couldn't move because Cyrus was still sleeping. Nahihiya naman siyang gisingin ito. Siya na nga itong nakisiksik sa higaan nito, siya pa ang manggigising dahil lamang maaga siyang nagising.

But she couldn't stay still. She needed to go to the bathroom. Kanina pa siya naiihi. Who put the AC in full blast anyway?

Ever so carefully, she wiggled out of his embrace and tiptoed to the bathroom. She emptied her bladder, combed her hair and gargled. When she went out, she saw Cyrus sitting up, hugging a pillow with his eyes closed. Nilapitan niya ito.

"Good morning," she whispered.

He murmured something unintelligible in response.

"Do you want to go for a walk?"

Umiling ito. He lied back to bed then he tapped the small space next to him.

"Do you want me to lie down?"

Nahiga siya nang tumango ito. He put the pillow he was hugging above their heads and she took the pillow's place in his arms.

"Let's sleep some more," he murmured.

Great. There goes her morning walk. But he probably didn't get enough sleep last night, all thanks to her. She evaded his personal space for her own comfort. The least she could do is let him sleep for another hour or two.

"Pero 'yong Kowloon Park..." bulong niya sa sarili.

"Do you want to go there?" When she nodded, she heard him sigh and say, "All right. Sunod na lang tayo sa kanila sa Singapore mamayang gabi."

--

Julie got angry with the impromptu change of plans. Hindi rin agad nakapuntang Kowloon park ang dalawa dahil hindi naman nila sinabihan ang mga ito. Tulog kasi sila buong umaga. She kept on apologizing to Julie but the latter kept on telling her that it's not her fault. Kanina pa nagtatalo ang magpinsan.

"Should we do something?" she asked Blake, who's just watching on one corner.

"Hayaan mo lang sila. Mapapagod din 'yang mga 'yan."

The argument lasted for another thirty minutes before the two finally reached an agreement. Gabi na raw sila aalis papuntang Singapore, pero libre ni Cyrus lahat ng kakainin nila pagdating doon for one whole day. She had a feeling that Julie would be willing to sacrifice her figure just to spite her cousin.

They headed to Kowloon Park later that day. Kaunting oras lang sila doon tapos ay dumiretso na sila sa airport. She was grateful for Blake for being there. Ito kasi ang nag-asikaso ng lahat kaya walang hassle. She realized that while Julie planned everything, Blake was the one who made sure that the plan's executed well. That's why she admires the two of them. They're not only romantically compatible. Ramdam din niyang magiging maayos ang buhay ng dalawa because one knows how to plan their future together and the other makes sure that whatever goal they set will be met.

Samantalang siya, young adult na pero wala pa ring plano sa buhay. She doesn't want to plan her life. It's in her nature as an artist to be spontaneous. Kung saan lang dalhin ng hangin. But it's nice to have plans sometimes.

Martin has lots of plans, plans for him and Lacey.

Martin na naman. She shook Martin out of her head.

"What's wrong?" Cyrus asked.

"Nothing." Sumandal siya rito at saka pumikit. It's only a few hours of non-stop flight from Hong Kong to Singapore but she needed to nap again. Being near Cyrus makes her sleepy. His scent seems to have a drugging effect on her. In no time at all, she drifted to sleep.