Special Chapter 5

If it's love
And we decide that it's forever
No one else could do it better
If it's love
And we're two birds of a feather
Then the rest is just whatever
And if I'm addicted to loving you
And you're addicted to my love too
We can be them two birds of a feather
That flock together
Love, love
Got to have something to keep us together
Love, Love
That's enough for me

--If It's Love by Train

--

Lena and Cyrus kept the engagement a secret until Christmas. Of course, her dad already knew about it. Nagpaalam kasi rito si Cyrus bago mag-propose sa kanya. And maybe her dad already told her mom, so mga kapatid na lamang niya ang walang ideya. Or maybe Lacey already knows because apparently, Martin's involved with the planning. And she may have informed Kenna, since the two are close. So that leaves Logan and Nikola... and her dogs.

Sa side naman ni Cyrus, sigurado siyang alam na rin ng pamilya nito ang tungkol doon.

But even though that's the case, they still wanted to make a formal announcement, so the two families will have dinner together at her parents' house at Christmas.

Maaga siyang sinundo ni Cyrus sa bahay. They went to the church together for the mass and then headed to Joanna's grave to wish her Merry Christmas. Siguro ay magiging tradisyon na nilang dalawa iyon. Ayos lang naman sa kanya. Without Joanna, she wouldn't meet Cyrus.

Pagkagaling doon ay dinalaw rin nila ang pamilya nito. Cyrus couldn't keep the engagement a secret. Everyone was so happy for them. Pamilya na rin kasi ang turing ng mga ito sa kanya.

They stayed there until one in the afternoon and then they headed to their house. Doon na niya ibinigay ang regalo niya. Ayaw niyang makisabay sa bigayan ng regalo sa bahay.

"I'm sorry if it isn't much. Konti na lang kasi ang natira sa sweldo ko," paliwanag niya.

He told her not to give him anything, but she insisted. He's given her a lot. Gusto naman niyang kahit papaano ay may maibigay rin dito. She bought two costly ties that were worth what's left of her salary and Christmas bonus. Ito na nga lamang ang nabigyan niya ng regalo. Napabili kasi siya kaagad without budgeting her money.

"Do you like them?" she asked.

"Of course," he answered with a smile. He gave her a kiss and said, "Thank you."

Ikinawit niya ang mga kamay at ihinilig ang ulo sa braso nito.

"No. Thank you. You've given me a lot," she told him. "Dito sa bahay pa lang, ang laki na nang nagastos mo."

"Well your dad won't let me marry you if I don't have a house, so—"

"What about your condo? Pwede namang do'n na lang tayo tumira. O sa Antipolo. O sa bahay ko."

"I already sold my condo. Saka 'yong lote sa Antipolo. 'Yong pera galing do'n 'yong pinambili ko ng lote nito saka pinampatayo ko ng bahay."

"Sayang naman."

"Walang sayang do'n. You liked this house. That's what matters."

"What about my house? Don't you want to live there?"

"Would it be a good environment for the kids?"

Napanguso siya sa tanong nito. "Kids agad?"

Tumawa ito at inakbayan siya. "Well, you'll be graduating in less than a year, so..."

He gave her a suggestive look which made the butterflies in her belly start to flutter. What was he insinuating anyway? Puro lang naman ito biro, tapos kapag pinatulan niya, pagagalitan siya nito.