10: I'm An Idiot

LEVY'S P.O.V.

   My eyes fluttered open to reveal a wooden stage, in front of a lot of men and women that sort of reminded me of Gajeel. Some woman with extremely long red nails and green hair kicked my back. I yelped in pain. "Levy!" Luna cried, wrapping her arms protectively around me. I looked around, the wooden hall, the banners hanging from the dark ceiling, all of it-I'm in Venomdawn's guild hall!

   "Ladies and Gents of Venomdawn, anyone who is old enough, do you remember the McGarden family?" This lady's voice was low. A series of angry shouts erupted from the crowd in front of us. She nodded in agreement. "The pathetic excuse for a daughter they gave the guild to pay off their debt tried to escape us! We will not let them live for this!" 

   The guild master kicked each of us again and strapped us in chains. She tightened the one around my neck, making it hard to breathe. Their master ripped up my dress, kicked my face, and yanked my hair. I looked up at her with tears in my eyes. 

   "Any last words?" The master snickered. I just had one question. "How'd we get here? I woke up thinking that Gajeel betrayed me with some girl who had pink hair." She snickered again. "I thought you were smart. I would've thought you'd heard of manipulation magic."

   Manipulation magic! Of course! It all makes sense now. She used my deepest fears and turned them into a reality before knocking me out and taking me to the guild hall. Oh, I'm an idiot. I should've seen it coming. 

   "Now that you're done with that, I'll be taking you down to join your boyfriend. You die tomorrow at sunset." The master grabbed our chains and dragged us downstairs into the dungeon.

GAJEEL'S P.O.V.

   "You got a better idea Shrimp." I growled. Shrimpy flinched but used her magic to light the fire. I glared before getting settled against a tree, the girls against another. I looked at the stars, making and finding patterns. Eventually the McGarden twins fell asleep against each other, snoring softly. 

   Thinking it over, I should've gotten the idea that they're twins before hand. They have the same eye color, figure, nearly the same height. Same letter beginning their names. I feel like an idiot now. Oh well. I watched them sleep, not in a pervy way, but as I did a peaceful atmosphere settled around us all. 

   Oh Shrimp, what are you doing to me. I thought to myself, smiling, before resting against the tree and falling asleep. 

~LE MORNING~

   I yawned, opening my eyes. Where. the hell. am I? I'm not in the forest anymore, but I am alone. Damn it! I got captured while I was asleep? I'm an idiot! 

   Looking around, it's a pretty tall room made out of stone bricks. Across from me is a wall of iron bars revealing a stone brick room as well. At the end of the room is a stone stair case, leading up to somewhere with light. I'm alone in this stupid dungeon. 

   Well, I can try to chew my chains to get out. I was just about to bite into it when I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I sniffed, locating the scent. It's Takara, Luna, and Shrimp! They have chains rattling as well as they're walking down.

   Takara, with her long red nails, held 2 chains attached to each McGarden's neck, wrists, and ankles. They looked somberly at me. "Oh good, Redfox is awake, the poor idiot thing." Takara snickered.

   "I'm going to kill you once I get out of here." I growled, standing up. My hands and wrists are chained to the wall, so I can get halfway to Takara. She giggled, opening the door, and pushed the McGarden sisters to the ground. The very quietly yelped in pain before huddling together. Luna's glasses are cracked, Levy's headband gone, both their dresses ripped to shreds.